Serenade Dry Dock on 4/29/23?

So I called Crown and Anchor today to get my credit card onboard credits switched to another cruise.  After 80 minutes of being on hold and waiting for the person to talk to his supervisor I was told that they had not been notified that the cruise was cancelled.  I read them my email, but that was not good enough.  The guy wanted to put me on hold while he found out where to forward me.  Told him I would call back next week.  What was I thinking? They may need a month.  I had refundable deposits on both cancelled cruises, wonder how hard they will be tomorrow.  Supposed to rain on and off all day here, good day to waste on the phone.

1 minute ago, mugtech said:

So I called Crown and Anchor today to get my credit card onboard credits switched to another cruise.  After 80 minutes of being on hold and waiting for the person to talk to his supervisor I was told that they had not been notified that the cruise was cancelled.  I read them my email, but that was not good enough.  The guy wanted to put me on hold while he found out where to forward me.  Told him I would call back next week.  What was I thinking? They may need a month.  I had refundable deposits on both cancelled cruises, wonder how hard they will be tomorrow.  Supposed to rain on and off all day here, good day to waste on the phone.

Using a TA solves this dilemma 😉

On 4/20/2022 at 2:38 PM, mugtech said:

There is no Roll Call for 4/29/23 Cruise, I did warn the Roll Call for the 5/6/23 TA.  Be nice to hear something from RCI.

I haven't gotten official notification by email, but my future cruises sayd the 5/6 transatlantic is cancelled.  We were really looking forward to that itinerary, so that sucks.  We're looking at our options for a different cruise. 

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Using a TA solves this dilemma 😉

Prefer to do my own taxes also.  Like to cut out the middle man whenever I can.  Realize this is part of booking my cruises without a TA, have to put up with the terrible customer service and online idiocy.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 6:24 PM, mugtech said:

Prefer to do my own taxes also.  Like to cut out the middle man whenever I can.  Realize this is part of booking my cruises without a TA, have to put up with the terrible customer service and online idiocy.

We are the same we do our taxes and book our trips.  I have put off calling but I'm going to call this week. Maybe by then RC will have their act together. 

• Like 1

Only took 50 minutes today to get my refundable deposits refunded.  Looking at four different April or May 2023 TA's, will confer with my friends next week to pick a replacement.  I am favoring sailing into Rome and then 6 more days to disembark near Venice.  My friends really wanted to sail into Barcelona, avoid the Baltic.

• Like 1