Equinox "LIVE masks status"

Nemanoxer

On 4/24/2022 at 8:25 AM, PTC DAWG said:

Bad symptoms? 

I was getting on another cruise with my kids and grands that left without us this Saturday because I was still testing positive. That was the WORST symptom!

On the ship, the symptoms I had, I always have. Every cruise. Post nasal drip because of the dry air conditioning, body aches because of swimming too much, headache because of the cheap MDR wine.... 

There was nothing that seemed unusual, so there were no red flags.

Until we got home and still felt that way. My husband and I both had ailments that would have gone away with the cruise ship, so that's when we decided to test. I have had colds that have been much worse. I would have thought that covid would have felt a lot worse than it did. 

In California, they won't give you the meds unless you have underlying conditions. 

Hope this answers your question!

• Like 1

We tested positive prior to going on the Harmony two weeks ago. Daughters family went without us. Sad. My wife and I both tested positive six days before cruise. Both of us are vaxed to the max and both wear masks. I do not go anywhere but we both contracted it. Fortunately we both had just a nasal drip and not sick. I tested for kicks and was positive. We then went to doctors and confirmed before cruise test.  what was interesting was we have many friends that had same symptoms but those that tested were negative. Summary it is very contagious and not sure very many know they even have it. They think it is just their allergies. The best can be said it is everyones choice what to do. Good luck. We will try again to sail in July on the Equinox. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliforniaAC said:

I was getting on another cruise with my kids and grands that left without us this Saturday because I was still testing positive. That was the WORST symptom!

On the ship, the symptoms I had, I always have. Every cruise. Post nasal drip because of the dry air conditioning, body aches because of swimming too much, headache because of the cheap MDR wine.... 

There was nothing that seemed unusual, so there were no red flags.

Until we got home and still felt that way. My husband and I both had ailments that would have gone away with the cruise ship, so that's when we decided to test. I have had colds that have been much worse. I would have thought that covid would have felt a lot worse than it did. 

In California, they won't give you the meds unless you have underlying conditions. 

Hope this answers your question!

Sucks about the missed cruise, for sure. Seems hit or miss on the testing to me, I had very similar symptoms after Apex cruise 3 weeks ago, had an expired EMed test, decided to use it on myself, tested negative.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1