Equinox "LIVE masks status"

Nemanoxer

Hi there.

I know there is a "Will you still wear a mask?" thread below, but seems it is drifting away into a general discussion, so...

If my flight doesn´t go down in any unplanned manner, I will arrive FLL on Saturday and board Equinox on Sunday.

I understand earlier this month masks were re-installed because of some certain percentage of positive cases.

How is it right now? Are you LIVE guests still obliged to wear mouth-nose-protection?
Or what is today´s status? 

Edited by Nemanoxer

We will be there on the April 24th trip as well as the May 6th after. We plan on wearing Masks in most cases, especially on elevators (which we rarely take unless we have a bumpy ship).

Also plan on using them on our Southwest flight even though Southwest just announced it is optional.

And we are the types that if you mask...great... if not... that is your choice. Hopefully everyone else feels the same and does not 'judge' us.

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

We will be there on the April 24th trip as well as the May 6th after. We plan on wearing Masks in most cases, especially on elevators (which we rarely take unless we have a bumpy ship).

Also plan on using them on our Southwest flight even though Southwest just announced it is optional.

And we are the types that if you mask...great... if not... that is your choice. Hopefully everyone else feels the same and does not 'judge' us.

Wear them and use sanitizer all the time.

• Like 5

Good to hear. Hope that is the case May 6. I will wear in elevators. Unfortunately, at our ages it is very, very difficult to climb more than 3 flights of stairs and that takes a breather on the second set. 

On 4/19/2022 at 7:20 AM, viperfoth said:

I feel the same way! We are leaving Sunday for an 18 day b2b out of Miami. I will continue to wear my mask on the plane and on the ship but my DH will not wear is. We don’t judge each other or others it is just personal preference. I hope you enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 2

Cruise safely. As previous reported in other threads the 4/3-4/15/22 sailing had 33 confirmed Covid cases. Since that cruise I have seen several posts of people having Covid within a few days after this sailing. The numbers seemed very high for such a small sample (CC). My DW and one of our friends traveling with us both tested positive on Monday, 4/18/22.

10 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Cruise safely. As previous reported in other threads the 4/3-4/15/22 sailing had 33 confirmed Covid cases. Since that cruise I have seen several posts of people having Covid within a few days after this sailing. The numbers seemed very high for such a small sample (CC). My DW and one of our friends traveling with us both tested positive on Monday, 4/18/22.

Make it 36. Three of us tested positive when we got home. We home tested and then PCR tested, so 4/18/22, we knew we were infected. I will be posting more on this later. We were all extremely mask cautious. My husband and I went through an entire economy size bottle of hand soap we brought with us, we sanitized every single time we went in or out of the eating and bar areas. We had N95 masks that were 5 layer (I cut one apart to check) that were made in the USA (Texas).  We used sanitizer if we touched the elevator buttons. We wore our masks on shore and rolled all the windows down in the taxi's, sanitized, and masked. We went to the beaches and masked and sanitized. we didn't let people near us who weren't wearing masks. We were as cautious as possible. But the indoor and outdoor public spaces were very crowded, and the dining room sat us all elbow to elbow, even though there could have been spacing. Picture table for two at the window, filled at all times, our table for four, and the table for four next to us just inches away. Guests in the rows behind us and in front of us generally filled. If we got in an elevator, we made sure it wasn't full. If a whole bunch got in, we got out (this, was tedious). The martini bar filled, everyone sat right next to each other. The show was a joke as far as being a herd going in and out. And here's the crazy part... since November, this was our forth cruise. Never got sick.

We never thought that with all the precautions we were taking that we could possibly get sick. 

As I said, I will be writing more on this later. The shock and sadness of this is ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, CaliforniaAC said:

Make it 36. Three of us tested positive when we got home. We home tested and then PCR tested, so 4/18/22, we knew we were infected. I will be posting more on this later. We were all extremely mask cautious. My husband and I went through an entire economy size bottle of hand soap we brought with us, we sanitized every single time we went in or out of the eating and bar areas. We had N95 masks that were 5 layer (I cut one apart to check) that were made in the USA (Texas).  We used sanitizer if we touched the elevator buttons. We wore our masks on shore and rolled all the windows down in the taxi's, sanitized, and masked. We went to the beaches and masked and sanitized. we didn't let people near us who weren't wearing masks. We were as cautious as possible. But the indoor and outdoor public spaces were very crowded, and the dining room sat us all elbow to elbow, even though there could have been spacing. Picture table for two at the window, filled at all times, our table for four, and the table for four next to us just inches away. Guests in the rows behind us and in front of us generally filled. If we got in an elevator, we made sure it wasn't full. If a whole bunch got in, we got out (this, was tedious). The martini bar filled, everyone sat right next to each other. The show was a joke as far as being a herd going in and out. And here's the crazy part... since November, this was our forth cruise. Never got sick.

We never thought that with all the precautions we were taking that we could possibly get sick. 

As I said, I will be writing more on this later. The shock and sadness of this is ridiculous.

Sorry to hear this. Counting all the posts I have seen concerning this cruise, I think we have over 45 with Covid; and again from a very small response sample. Fortunately we were able to get a new drug called Plaxovid that fights the new virus against mild to moderate symptoms. The problem is this drug is in very limited supply; at least in Florida. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliforniaAC said:

I am also sorry to read about your misfortune.  So were your three earlier cruises less crowded?

People need to do what is best for them.  Eating in a close area with an infected person for a long duration is probably one of the worst culprits, as the virus has optimal tranfer time.  All we can do is what we choose to do.  Nothing is fool-proof onboard a cruise ship, so it is what it is and we just need to learn to live with that for now, and just move forward; that's our only choice, IMHO.  Others may perceive this differently.

Edited by Lastdance

16 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Sorry to hear this. Counting all the posts I have seen concerning this cruise, I think we have over 45 with Covid; and again from a very small response sample. Fortunately we were able to get a new drug called Plaxovid that fights the new virus against mild to moderate symptoms. The problem is this drug is in very limited supply; at least in Florida. 

Hi!! Positive from the Edge April10-17. I received my second booster a week before our cruise (4/2), wore masks everywhere, avoided crowds, etc.  Flew back home last Sunday (4/17) and Tuesday evening felt congested and sneezed twice.  We started testing ourselves during the cruise even though we didn't have any symptoms. Kept testing every day and this Wednesday I turned positive, started Plaxovid that evening, less than 24 hrs after my first symptoms.  I don't have any symptoms at all, my husband is still testing negative and the intensity of my positive is fading already.  Four more doses to go!! I just want this virus out of my body ASAP, people don't want to understand that this is an inflammatory disease, this is not a common cold. Hope you get better soon! 

BTW, The only regret I have is eating in Luminae the last two nights, it was too full and probably the place I was infected.  Our next cruise is  in August,  hope that Plaxovid will be easier to get in the near future. 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220104/mild-covid-cases-may-produce-self-attacking-antibodies

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/12-things-to-know-paxlovid-covid-19

https://healthcare.utah.edu/healthfeed/postings/2022/01/covid19-increasing-stroke-risks.php

Edited by drarill

On 4/22/2022 at 9:52 AM, jenlock21 said:

I feel the same way! We are leaving Sunday for an 18 day b2b out of Miami. I will continue to wear my mask on the plane and on the ship but my DH will not wear is. We don’t judge each other or others it is just personal preference. I hope you enjoy your cruise! 

I have a question to ask and mean no disrespect - just honest curiosity.

When I see couples like you (where one is masked and one isn't) I always wonder what the masked person feels when they get home and are living  in the same space as the unmasked.

If you truly feel it isn't safe to go indoors in public unmasked (and I should qualify that my husband and myself do feel that way and always mask in public) aren't you worried you will catch Covid from your spouse at home?

Again - I am asking respectfully.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

I have a question to ask and mean no disrespect - just honest curiosity.

When I see couples like you (where one is masked and one isn't) I always wonder what the masked person feels when they get home and are living  in the same space as the unmasked.

If you truly feel it isn't safe to go indoors in public unmasked (and I should qualify that my husband and myself do feel that way and always mask in public) aren't you worried you will catch Covid from your spouse at home?

Again - I am asking respectfully.

I’m not offended it’s a valid question although I’m not sure I have an answer. We both work in healthcare and have to wear our masks for 12-24 hours at a time. I value his decision not to wear a mask and he values mine. As with any illness we pass on to each other (cold, flu, etc) we do not shame the other for it and this would be the same with Covid. Although I will say my husband does not go anywhere but to our golf course or to dinner with friends so he may change his mind once he gets on the ship if it is crowded but I doubt it. We have both made individual, informed decisions. 

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

People need to do what is best for them.  Eating in a close area with an infected person for a long duration is probably one of the worst culprits, as the virus has optimal tranfer time.  All we can do is what we choose to do.  Nothing is fool-proof onboard a cruise ship, so it is what it is and we just need to learn to live with that for now, and just move forward; that's our only choice, IMHO.  Others may perceive this differently.

Frankly people should do what is right for everyone…let’s not be selfish. What each person does effects another and many more. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

Frankly people should do what is right for everyone…let’s not be selfish. What each person does effects another and many more. 

That will never happen because what is right for one person might not be right for another.  We all need to take personal responsibility, but what we all differ in is what that means.  There are many ways to do this; for some it might mean not to cruise; it is what it is, so choose carefully.  You will never get everyone to do what is  so called "right" for everyone.  That is just a fact because there are too many variables...maybe in a so called perfect world.  I do what I do based on my knowledge about science and my MDVIP doctor for the protection of myself and my DH.  If you are cruising, I am sure that you do the same.  You cannot control other people, but you can control yourself!  I totally understand where you are coming from, but the world does not work that way.  I am a realist...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 6:49 PM, mahdnc said:

I am also sorry to read about your misfortune.  So were your three earlier cruises less crowded?

Yes, they had less passengers, but they had protocols that were more stringent and Enforced. I don't know if anyone got sick at all.

20 hours ago, mikewomb said:

We don’t know what is right for everyone

On 4/22/2022 at 8:35 PM, CaliforniaAC said:

Bad symptoms?