UPDATE: Cabin changed to GTY and the category is sold out...

Missbollinger

In February I noticed our chosen stateroom had been cancelled and we were now a GTY Aurea.  Our original stateroom was the 2 bedroom suite (there are 6 in our party).  Today, I logged in and they have split our party up and now we are in 2 YC Grand Suite with a $900 balance due!  Mmmm, I don't think so.  I guess I will be on the phone with them tomorrow to put this straight.

Edited by Missbollinger

On 4/19/2022 at 10:48 PM, Missbollinger said:

In February I noticed our chosen stateroom had been cancelled and we were now a GTY Aurea.  Our original stateroom was the 2 bedroom suite (there are 6 in our party).  Today, I logged in and they have split our party up and now we are in 2 YC Grand Suite with a $900 balance due!  Mmmm, I don't think so.  I guess I will be on the phone with them tomorrow to put this straight.

Good luck.

I decided to pursue action against them for taking my YC GS and putting me in a regular balcony with no reduction in fare.

That will be tried this July.

Recently on another sailing they increased my fare almost a $1000 back in 2020 and in February of this year another $1813 . One month before sailing.

Took a service 3 days before sailing to get the $1800+ off. Still working on the extra $1000

My experience is they will screw you over  if you don't like it cancel they will tell you.

Have they told you to send an email yet? Lol.

Have they told you someone will get back to you in 24-48 hours? Lol.

This cruise line is a POS and is treating you as such.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:48 PM, Missbollinger said:

So after waiting a few days I decided I was done waiting.  I called and they made the account whole again.  The only issue now is that our grandfathered Aurea perks such as the drinks package and massages are now gone from the second cabin, and instead of buying one photo package, I now have to purchase two.  I can’t say the two experiences I have had with MSC are at all stellar.

1 hour ago, Missbollinger said:

So after waiting a few days I decided I was done waiting.  I called and they made the account whole again.  The only issue now is that our grandfathered Aurea perks such as the drinks package and massages are now gone from the second cabin, and instead of buying one photo package, I now have to purchase two.  I can’t say the two experiences I have had with MSC are at all stellar.

Does that mean you are in 2 YC cabins instead of Aurea cabins?  If so you get the drinks packages.  

I can understand it has been annoying, but I think you have a much better deal with the 2 YC deluxe suites than the 2 bedroom Aurea suite.  It is a genuine upgrade, and a big one at that!   The service, food, YC will all be much superior in the YC.  You will have the YC drinks package, so no need to worry about that.   Good luck getting the massages added.

26 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Does that mean you are in 2 YC cabins instead of Aurea cabins?  If so you get the drinks packages.  

Yes, we were upgraded to two YC deluxe grand suites after seeking clarification, we do get the YC experience; it just doesn’t reflect it on our documents.

1 hour ago, Missbollinger said:

Yes, we were upgraded to two YC deluxe grand suites after seeking clarification, we do get the YC experience; it just doesn’t reflect it on our documents.

I know that this is not what you originally booked but in my mind its a HUGE WIN, even if you don't get the massages.  The rest of the YC offerings are a zillion times better than any of the previous Aurea perks.

• Like 1

Updating again.  I was contacted by phone by a gentleman named Jeffery, who was able to give us our photo package for both staterooms for the single stateroom price.  We may not get our massages but at this point I am just relieved that we know where we stand and just want to look forward to our vacation, this year has been a bit stressful and I need to destress before starting classes (I am a teacher and going back to school during the summer).