What is so special about 55?

Woody14

My BFF (from college, not counting my DH) was given the golden handshake on his 62nd birthday. He worked in IT, and 62 is REAL OLD in that industry!

Today was my 65th. I feel the same as I did yesterday. Have had my Medicare card for about two weeks. Used it to update my vaccinations x3. (I haven't worked for salary since 1995, but spent my "career" after that making my husband's life easier.) My husband retired at 72 from a 34-year busy family practice. 

Have been a member of CC for almost 12 years and been reading this board that long (before I "qualified")!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

My BFF (from college, not counting my DH) was given the golden handshake on his 62nd birthday. He worked in IT, and 62 is REAL OLD in that industry!

Today was my 65th. I feel the same as I did yesterday. Have had my Medicare card for about two weeks. Used it to update my vaccinations x3. (I haven't worked for salary since 1995, but spent my "career" after that making my husband's life easier.) My husband retired at 72 from a 34-year busy family practice. 

Have been a member of CC for almost 12 years and been reading this board that long (before I "qualified")!

Happy Birthday🙂