Currently on Reflection TA - any questions?

Sibsie

We’re on Reflection TA. Only 1064 pax onboard. 

internet so far has been amazing. No probs streaming. 

We’re in a corner aft S1 which is lovely.  Attendants are great and our personal retreat host Pratik is a really nice guy though all we’ve asked for so far is some water.

Deck 3 is blocked off for any pax that may come down with covid and deck 6 is blocked off for crew. 

Any questions? 

Edited by Sibsie
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sibsie said:

Deck 3 is blocked off for any pax that may come down with covid and deck 6 is blocked off for crew. 

Any questions? 

Where is the "pole" in your cabin, and is it any bother?

As to decks 3 and 6, and especially given the commentary in a recent thread here, I'd bet some would like to ask someone who can speak authoritatively aboard why the use of decks 3 and 6 aren't swapped!  I know I'd be curious as to the reasoning.  Deck 3 space is still an improvement vs. below decks for quarantined crew.

• Like 1

Just now, canderson said:

As to decks 3 and 6, and especially given the commentary in a recent thread here, I'd bet some would like to ask someone who can speak authoritatively aboard why the use of decks 3 and 6 aren't swapped!  I know I'd be curious as to the reasoning.  Deck 3 space is still an improvement vs. below decks for quarantined crew.

I asked this question and they just said it’s the “best location” for pax. They wouldn’t be drawn on it but I’ll keep trying. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sibsie said:

I asked this question and they just said it’s the “best location” for pax. They wouldn’t be drawn on it but I’ll keep trying. 

Much appreciated re the 3 vs. 6 attempt.  Any better explanation will be welcomed!

I have booked a suite for our 'kids' for Reflection that is of the same configuration as your photo.  Many thanks for that!  While these are definitely the 'sweet S1 suites', I wondered if getting out of bed in the middle of the night might not lead to a few headaches (literally!), so info on your experience will be most helpful.

Just now, canderson said:

Much appreciated re the 3 vs. 6 attempt.  Any better explanation will be welcomed!

I have booked a suite for our 'kids' for Reflection that is of the same configuration as your photo.  Many thanks for that!  While these are definitely the 'sweet S1 suites', I wondered if getting out of bed in the middle of the night might not lead to a few headaches (literally!), so info on your experience will be most helpful.

I’m one of the clumsiest people I know so if anyone was going to crash into it, it’d be me.

It’s a great location. Nice and quiet. Sheltered from the weather which was bad yesterday and sun all day for the crossing. 

One other thing. We rebooked our Edge cruise and booked another for Beyond with the Future Cruise desk. We got a great promo. I dealt with Allen Sharpe who I highly recommend 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sibsie said:

Any questions?

We will be on Reflection May 2nd for the next cruise from Civitavecchia. So take good care of the ship 😉. We also have booked a suite. Did you notice who is the Maitre D' in Luminae? And do they offer an Indian Dinner in Sushi on 5 during this cruise?

Thanks & regards

Christine

• Like 1

2 questions, and then maybe back to your pole dancing practices....:)

Is Patrick still the CD, and Captain Nikolaos the Captain.....(assuming they didn't switch gigs...)

Thank you and enjoy. We'll be on her in 10 weeks.......the Reflection, that is!!

Keep the Sun out and the Seas clam,

Andy

9 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Is Olympia still the Retreat bartender.  She is great.  She will always try to get what you want.  If it's on the ship she will find it.

Olympia is back from vacation and is currently on the ship. Not exactly sure where, but she is definitely on board

31 minutes ago, Majkman said:

2 questions, and then maybe back to your pole dancing practices....:)

Is Patrick still the CD, and Captain Nikolaos the Captain.....(assuming they didn't switch gigs...)

Thank you and enjoy. We'll be on her in 10 weeks.......the Reflection, that is!!

Keep the Sun out and the Seas clam,

Andy

Capt Nikolaos is the very adorable captain and is very visible every day and clearly excited to be taking her to Europe again. 

Olympia is in Michael’s every day working exceptionally hard. 

9C763CAC-BE29-4B3B-86FF-F9773DBA9513.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Sibsie said:

We’re in a corner aft S1 which is lovely.  Attendants are great and our personal retreat host Pratik is a really nice guy though all we’ve asked for so far is some water.

Any questions? 

1064 passengers.

that's a dream.

We were on R.C. Anthem of the Seas ( owners Crown Loft Suite )

last September with

Only 850 guests on a ship that Holds 4300.

Amazing

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sibsie said:

Any questions? 

Hi.

is deck 3 and 6 being blocked off for all of the summer Season?

13 hours ago, Chrissi3010 said:

We will be on Reflection May 2nd for the next cruise from Civitavecchia. So take good care of the ship 😉. We also have booked a suite. Did you notice who is the Maitre D' in Luminae? And do they offer an Indian Dinner in Sushi on 5 during this cruise?

Thanks & regards

Christine

Sibsie, I am sure you wanted to answer in your post #13, but it was empty.... 😉

Can I ask what number cabin that is, we have a Sky Aft booked for June and that pole would create issues for me as I am disabled and that would be my 'side'. Previously always had same grade but on side of ship with no pole.

Edited by B x

Just now, B x said:

Can I ask what number cabin that is, we have a Sky Aft booked for June and that pole would create issues for me as I am disabled and that would be my 'side'. Previously always had same grade but on side of ship with no pole.