Krazy Lobster or Tropicante

Ellaleah

We will arrive in Costa Maya and after touring the ruins I want to be dropped off at Mahahual.  Which one of theses restaurant/beaches would be recommended?  There will be a 13 year old and 2 20 year olds.  Are the 2 places close to each other?  Thank you for any help.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bev2beach said:

KL smelled bad last week bc seaweed galore. They were taking it but the smell had me running! Go further down and it is nicer 

If there is sargassum present in Mahahual it will affect most of the bay. Unfortunately at times it is overwhelming.

I am surprised to hear it was so bad at KL I thought they were doing quite well with their offshore protection when we visited earlier in the year. Was the sargassum actually reaching the beach, or just accumulating offshore?

As a matter of interest, which beach club did you find that was clearer  - north or south?

Edited by c-leg5

In regards to which beach club,  I don't think you could go wrong with either. Both are in roughly the same area along the malecon.  KL has taken over additional space along the beach so more room.  Tropicante has changed ownership but Carolina is still in charge and running things as well as she can.  Seems to be a bit squeezed by two clubs next door.   IMO, it'd be good to give her and her crew a bit of an assist so they can stay in business.  

• 3 weeks later...

Visited both in March and they are close to each other with Krazy Lobster first one from the port and Tropicante a very short walk down the Malacon. When we visited Krazy Lobster was more crowded than Tropicante but Tropicante  had more room to move around. Either one or both as we did will work.

We went to Tropicante and enjoyed our chairs, the food and drinks.  Bathroom clean. Uncrowded.  We went in December.  Was going again in February until our port times changed and it just didn't work out to go.