Premier Beverage Package -Drinks over $12?

wendellman

I have read conflicting reports regarding how drinks priced over $12 are charged to your account. Some indicate that you are charged the full drink price, while others say you are charged the differential in price. Does the policy vary by ship, venue or anything else? Specifically, we will be on the Majestic Princess. What have been your  experiences recently regarding this issue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

Just off the Grand and I only paid the difference.  A $13 glass of wine was charged as $1.18. 

Do you recall how many $13+ wine options there were (or any good reds you recall)? Looking at the MDR list someone posted, I'm feeling a little "meh" about the per glass options. 

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You pay the difference in price, plus 18% gratuity on the difference.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

45 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

Do you recall how many $13+ wine options there were (or any good reds you recall)? Looking at the MDR list someone posted, I'm feeling a little "meh" about the per glass options. 

There's a fair few at $13 and up, the complete Wine List has been posted a couple times here in CC .

A copy from a couple years ago:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

Availability varies, particularly as they're plagued but the ongoing supply line issues.. 

Screenshot_20220424-130343.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

Sorry, I don't recall any real standouts. 

• Thanks 1

Check the Vines and Sabatinis glass pours for a few over 12 that I thought were worth a buck extra.  There was a DOC red of some sort that was pretty lip-smacking and was therefore available at Adagio for purchase without a Sabatini’s meal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:19 PM, seagunthera said:

Don't know how much this link will help you as I'm not a big wine drinker but maybe you'll want to check this out.