Barcelona : pre cruise Antigen test

odysee

Barcelona has many options for getting pre-flight tests for return to the US. They now have an option to reserve a test (either PCR or Antigen) at your hotel, with results within 3 hours

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/covid/covid-test-in-barcelona.html

There are separate pages and booking details for the PCR or Antigen tests. Very easy to set up.  They also make it simple to cancel if needed. Payment is required in advance.

Edited by llhillman
finish sentence

We will be flying to Barcelona in September and will arrive 2 days before our cruise on NCL. Am interested in hearing from those of you who have recently flown from US to Barcelona about timing of PCR test.  I'm seeing conflicting info as to the timeline, but basically, understand that we have to show proof of negative test taken "no more than" 48 hrs before leaving the states to enter Spain.  Flight leaves San Francisco on Thursday morning and arrives in Barcelona on Friday morning.  But cruise does not leave until Sunday afternoon. When/where to test? Thanks! 

Tests for vaccinated cruisers need to be two days before embarkation. In your case if your cruise begins on a Sunday you will need a test on Friday or Sat.  Testing on a Thur would be too soon.  We do not need a test to enter Spain from the States. 

Mauimary-thank you for taking the time to respond.  It was the hotel in Barcelona who told me that US tourists must show a negative test before entering the country.  This is confusing.  That would mean I would have to test before leaving CA, then test again on Friday.  On the other hand, if you don't like the answer-wait a week and it will probably change.  Crazy! 

Mauimary-I think you're correct and info given me by the hotel was not.  Here's what I found from the US Embassy in Spain website.  That's an "or" not "and" about test results:

U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they show that they are vaccinated  against COVID-19, or have a recovery certificate , or show a negative diagnostic test result  (NAAT or RAT) performed either within 72hours prior to departure to Spain for a NAAT (e.g. – PCR test) or within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain for a RAT (e.g. – rapid antigen test).

I will check again closer to the cruise, but so appreciate your response.  

Best, Kathy

• Like 1

I don't see anywhere on the Country's requirements for entering Spain saying you need a test for arrival. I fly out on the 25th. 

24 minutes ago, bbqbears said:

Lori-I think the person at the hotel was mistaken-at least for fully vaccinated people.  

Ahhh ok, well I am vaxxed and boosted. And it's Lois, not Lori😃