Boarding Times

charlielinda

We sail on Saturday and I had checked in weeks ago both at same time.  Today I noticed that I can board the Apex at 11:30.  My husband won’t be able to join me till 1:30.  I thought no worries … first time in SS so will call Retreat Host … how easy would that be.  She told me that unfortunately she  can’t change boarding time but he should be able to board with me.  I mentioned I thought Retreat boarding was at 11:30 and she replied that was not true.  All of the above may be in fact true and she was professional but … question do you think I’ll be having lunch on board  while Charlie is hanging out in the terminal 😊

• Haha 1

Since you're in a Sky Suite, the fact that X's brilliant online check-in system even suggests check-in times for you is a bit bogus.  As a suite passenger, you don't need a check-in time.  You'll be served along with other suite guests in the order in which you arrive, starting as soon as boarding for your ship begins (can vary), and you needn't be together to board.

Edited by canderson

We boarded the Apex on the 16th.  Apparently the majority of Suite passengers decided to arrive around the same time.  We arrived at 11:20 and suite passengers were lined up waiting to go up to the suite lounge in the terminal.  The Suite Lounge in the terminal was full and the ship was not ready to board passengers.

The line quickly went from a line to a large group inching up to get a jump on boarding.  We waited in the in the terminal until about 12:10 when they began taking t passengers in groups of 10 to the Suite lounge for check-in.  We got on the ship 1 hour after arriving, very different than  our experience on the Edge and Reflection where we walked into the terminal and were on the ship in less than 15 minutes.