Med Cruise on Seaview in May-Tips and Tricks and Advice Requested

mnpurple

@texanaust Well, boarding in Naples was not what I expected from my cruise critic reading.  Thank you to @8420PR for noting that the ship got into the Port later than what I would have expected. We did a few things in Naples and had a stop at the most delicious cafe! We were still at port around noon - NO white tent to be found. I asked a few people and they didn't know. I was determined not to join the "regular" line (sorry if that sounds snobby). Finally someone acknowledged we had priority boarding and we were brought inside the port, but waited there around another half an hour before we could check in. They brought us to a "lounge" that had a beautiful view of Naples bay, but was a bit dreary. They had the infamous Pringles, chocolate peanuts, other snacks/beverages and Prosecco.  We didn't wait there too long before we were cleared to board and brought right to our rooms around 2:00.

I haven't decided if I'll do a full review, but have already started a personal journal, so might share some.  We have been in NCL Haven twice and the family all agree we prefer YC to that!  I feel like a rock star.  I also feel incredibly lucky and so happy to be able to experience this with my family. Pinching myself every day!

@Germancruiser No Covid tests at the port!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, I was pulled aside by the Concierge and he said that we had OBC and he was working to figure it all our. I thought we were getting $200/cabin for our cruise that was cancelled and had just gotten that figured out a few days before our trip.  He later told me he talked to their corporate office and we were getting $200 per person!! I feel like we won the lottery! We'll pay for our service fees and everyone can have a little extra for some sort of treat. My youngest (18) decided to buy more pringles, haha!

• Like 1

Mnpurple,

If you get a chance before you disembark, could you let us know where to go to check-in for YC at the port in Naples?  Is there a specific area inside the port building to go to?  And did you enter the building on the left or right from the street side?  Thanks.

@texanaust If you're walking toward the port, there are two buildings with a road going between. We were in the building on the right.  They don't open the doors until shortly before they begin check in.  Just don't get into the long line. Go up closer to the doors, which are kind of in the middle of the building (it would be left side of building) and tell them you are YC with priority. If they don't seem to understand, continue to wait for someone who knows.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 3:58 AM, mackfam said:

They did not test us at the pier when we boarded in Barcelona last week.

What type of insurance to you buy (as a fellow Canadian) and if you don't mind me asking, when was your last booster shot?  I am so confused to that part -- I had 2 shots of the vaccine and then the booster in Nov 2021, so not sure if I am qualified for my Dec 2022 cruise or do I need a 4th shot?

On 5/30/2022 at 2:47 AM, texanaust said:

Mnpurple,

Hope you had a nice cruise.  We are embarking today-it looks like the Seaview might be arriving a little earlier than expected according to AIS.  

I hope you have an incredible time! We sure did - beyond our expectations I think!

Xcell, we bought the insurance through Tugo as we couldn’t find any other insurance that met their requirements. If you are sailing from the U.S. they don’t require you to have insurance anymore, just recommend it.

We had our booster shots in December.