Cruise Critic will be on Azamara Onward! What do you want to know?

Cruise Critic Chris

Guest Cooper2020
2 hours ago, Treri46 said:

Are there any hairdryers on board Onward please

I did read that the hairdryers had not arrived as yet

Guest Cooper2020
21 minutes ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

The ship put on an AzAmazing "day" yesterday in Portovenere. They had an area featuring local food and drink, and then there were musical performances as you walked around the town. Very nice day! 

BC24E463-9EAA-4E7C-AA1E-4D90C9C58AF5.thumb.jpeg.823e7995d3e5d48827be6de8aba6a800.jpeg

E7FC1847-6217-4362-B661-DB414BA1A1EE.jpeg

6BE5E1E1-EDD8-41EE-BFD8-A83D8821A2F1.jpeg

That looks so wonderful  

• Members
On 4/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, USC Adventurer said:

could you tell us if the bathrooms and showers have been enlarged on deck 6?  how's the service and the food?

I was in a balcony cabin on Deck 6. Cabins and bathrooms were not enlarged. Really a fairly light renovation. 

It's hard to really tell service on a shakedown since there is construction going on and people are finding their footing. 

Food is subjective but I enjoyed my meal in Aqualina. White Night was fabulous and so was the Patio. I was less impressed with Discoveries and Windows. 

• Thanks 1

• Members

Covid testing to get back to the US. I'm a bit surprised that tests are not included. It's $59 for an antigen and $89 for a PCR (mine is comped as I'm media). 

Hoping this requirement is over soon. It's the 15 most nerve-wracking minutes in travel. 

EE57BF03-7FC2-4C96-9506-94664AA63BD1.jpeg

66566FC2-1F6F-40A0-8253-D7BAB10FEE96.jpeg

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing the photos and information. 

We will be on B2B Onward cruises previously scheduled to depart from Venice and now departing from Ravenna in June.  The shore excursion listings seem to suggest that there will be no shuttle from the port to the town of Ravenna, which is some distance away.  Rather there is a paid excursion called Ravenna on Your Own for $69 USD per person.   Are free shuttles still being offered for any ports when the ship is not docked within walking distance of the town?

1 minute ago, AlamoCruisers said:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing the photos and information. 

We will be on B2B Onward cruises previously scheduled to depart from Venice and now departing from Ravenna in June.  The shore excursion listings seem to suggest that there will be no shuttle from the port to the town of Ravenna, which is some distance away.  Rather there is a paid excursion called Ravenna on Your Own for $69 USD per person.   Are free shuttles still being offered for any ports when the ship is not docked within walking distance of the town?

Shuttles are never mentioned in the shore excursions listing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Covid testing to get back to the US. I'm a bit surprised that tests are not included. It's $59 for an antigen and $89 for a PCR (mine is comped as I'm media). 

Hoping this requirement is over soon. It's the 15 most nerve-wracking minutes in travel. 

Exactly- that’s why this thread in Cruise Critic has been so active.  

You are lucky to have it comped.  Readers will be paying both at embarkation and disembarkation if they also require the latter. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, curmudgeon98 said:

Glad to see that there is at least a bit of a library in the living room!  And room for it to expand somewhat.

But it’s shadow of its former self 🙁

• Like 1

Thank you Chris for all these wonderful photographs and information. We are boarding on 21st May and now feeling more confident that our onboard experience will be good. Is there furniture on the deck 6 balconies now? Just wish that Azamara would improve their communications, their lack of clarity is somewhat unnerving.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Since it is currently a requirement for everyone boarding to be tested, I could make a good case for still including it.  But requirements are variable for disembarking passengers, so making that a pay-as-required situation makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, Penton said:

Thank you Chris for all these wonderful photographs and information. We are boarding on 21st May and now feeling more confident that our onboard experience will be good. Is there furniture on the deck 6 balconies now? Just wish that Azamara would improve their communications, their lack of clarity is somewhat unnerving.

We’ve been eyeing up the folding director’s chairs on our hotel balcony and wondering if anyone would notice the legs sticking out of our suitcases! 😄

• Haha 4