Cruise Critic will be on Azamara Onward! What do you want to know?

Cruise Critic Chris

If you have time could you please take a few photos of the gym and the ladies locker room.  Is there a steam room in the locker room? 

Thank you for all of the photos and information you have provided.  It is greatly appreciated.  Have lots of fun on your cruise!!!!

6 hours ago, uktog said:

Exactly- that’s why this thread in Cruise Critic has been so active.  

You are lucky to have it comped.  Readers will be paying both at embarkation and disembarkation if they also require the latter. 

With the free publicity that Azamara's getting on this board, it would be an outrage to charge Chris for this test. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tgg said:

With the free publicity that Azamara's getting on this board, it would be an outrage to charge Chris for this test. 

I absolutely accept that but it’s also important cruise critic editors understand the issues and challenges non journalists face with how it is. I think a lot of US guests will be in for a surprise at the end of their cruise given what they were led to be the case on booking 

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, uktog said:

I absolutely accept that but it’s also important cruise critic editors understand the issues and challenges non journalists face with how it is. I think a lot of US guests will be in for a surprise at the end of their cruise given what they were led to be the case on booking 

We always ask what an experience is like for regular cruisers, as those are our readers.  

I have an article on testing coming out today, actually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I agree with you completely.  The information Chris has posted has opened many eyes. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

If you have time could you please take a few photos of the gym and the ladies locker room.  Is there a steam room in the locker room? 

Thank you for all of the photos and information you have provided.  It is greatly appreciated.  Have lots of fun on your cruise!!!!

I had booked time in the spa but there was a power outage. We weren't allowed to see the spa pool because it was a construction zone. 

The supply chain issues definitely hit this ship. They have been working overtime to get things ready. Some things still aren't. Will be interesting to see those first reviews from the ship. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Someone asked about outlets in the room. The lights next to the bed have a USB in them, on both sides so both people have them - yay! 

On the vanity. there are two US outlets. one European and one UK. 

Thank you for all the photos,  menus and information.  We will be on the Onward B2B2B later this year.  As a newbie to Azamara seeing some of what to expect is helpful.  The veranda rooms look small and their "coffee table" takes up to much valuable floor space.  Guess I will need to use the gym to easily move about the room!  Thank you again for  sharing your experiences 

14 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Shuttles are never mentioned in the shore excursions listing.

Sorry I was unclear.  It appears the free shuttle has been replaced with a shore excursion for the port of Ravenna entitled “Ravenna on your Own” which is roundtrip transportation only.  It has been a couple of years since I sailed on Azamara, but based on my past experience and memory Azamara provided for the most part free shuttles to town when not docked within easy walking distance. I understand things changed somewhat due to COVID, but was interested in learning whether this will be the standard practice for the Onward, is dependent on the port, or something else.  Thanks. 

15 hours ago, uktog said:

But it’s shadow of its former self 🙁

😢

I think I was generous suggesting on a social media site it held about a quarter of the books in The Drawing Room of the sister ships, probably more like an eighth!

😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

😢

I think I was generous suggesting on a social media site it held about a quarter of the books in The Drawing Room of the sister ships, probably more like an eighth!

😢

I'm thinking maybe a twentieth from the photo.  But maybe we passengers can help it out.  I'll add a half dozen or so books with our trip later this month; we normally pack a few extras and then leave them behind to make some space for purchases.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlamoCruisers said:

Sorry I was unclear.  It appears the free shuttle has been replaced with a shore excursion for the port of Ravenna entitled “Ravenna on your Own” which is roundtrip transportation only.  It has been a couple of years since I sailed on Azamara, but based on my past experience and memory Azamara provided for the most part free shuttles to town when not docked within easy walking distance. I understand things changed somewhat due to COVID, but was interested in learning whether this will be the standard practice for the Onward, is dependent on the port, or something else.  Thanks. 

Certainly Azamara provided a free shuttle into Ravenna when we docked there before COVID. Maybe the best thing is to wait until you get onboard then ask about shuttles.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, AlamoCruisers said:

I am wondering the same.  According to Rome2Rio, taxis from the port to Ravenna are $24-$29 one way.  Or $48-$58 RT.  That of course is for multiple people.  Vs the $69 pp that Azamara is charging for a RT.  In addition, with the Azamara shuttle, you are in the city for 3.5 hours.  If you take a taxi, the time can be longer if you please.  I am thinking of the taxi option

On 5/3/2022 at 11:21 AM, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Hi all -

Here's my story from the cruise. Hope it, and the thread, have given you lots of helpful info. Sorry I didn't get to all the questions. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6936

Chris 

Appreciate all the info you provided, Chris. One more thing that I just can’t recall if you answered: do you know if going forward, the CC meet and greets will be hosted again? The unhosted ones have been very awkward.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:51 PM, AlamoCruisers said:

This was the shuttle information from last weekend. Ours was an overnighter in Ravenna so we had a whole day to visit. The drop off was very central  and everything was easily reached.

29F66EAD-C46A-4349-92C3-4E03FF0941D5.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 11:46 PM, uktog said:

Exactly- that’s why this thread in Cruise Critic has been so active.  

You are lucky to have it comped.  Readers will be paying both at embarkation and disembarkation if they also require the latter. 

Are guests able to use onboard credits to pay this fee?

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

No, they are not.

Specifically, I was referring to onboard testing, not pre board testing.  It would seem that would go on the cruise invoice, so why it would need to be cash seems puzzling. I would not expect guests to be forced to present cash, but if you say so.  This information came directly from Azmara staff onboard?

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1