Missing Voyagers Club Points - The Saga

Paphillyguy

I have posted on here a couple of times about my frustration in getting points for my December trip add to my account.   As a point of background my husband and I traveled on the Seashore in December.  It was a fantastic trip and we loved the ship.  We did have an issue at check in as they did not have our room keys or any information on us when we got to check in.  They said we were marked as no shows.  This was odd because I had checked in online and had all of the required paperwork and tickets from checking in online.  Luckily we were in the Yacht Club and after an hour we were on board and able to get in our room.  It did take a day to get everything sorted out.  

So, in Early January I realized that our points for our trip were never added.  I called and was told to email which I did several times over the next month and only received the automated message.  Then I saw on here someone recommended emailing every day which I started to do in mid march.  WE finally received a reply yesterday from my email on 4/26/22 the day prior.  Where all of the other emails went who knows.  Their response was "after a thorough review it is determined that no points are due as you were a NO SHOW for your cruise"  They went on to say since we did not sail, we do not get points.  I am not very irate.  I even explained in my original email that we had issues at the port.  They did no research.  They said if I had any issues to call.  Which I did and it was again the basic customer service who said they could not help me I would have to email.   

I loved the ship and the service on board but the land based customer service is absolutely horrid.  As most already know.

So I replied to the email with scans of the final bills we received on board and even the note from the concierge apologizing for the issues at embarkation. 

I know that missing points aren't the end of the world but it is now a matter of principal.    

20 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

I have posted on here a couple of times about my frustration in getting points for my December trip add to my account.   As a point of background my husband and I traveled on the Seashore in December.  It was a fantastic trip and we loved the ship.  We did have an issue at check in as they did not have our room keys or any information on us when we got to check in.  They said we were marked as no shows.  This was odd because I had checked in online and had all of the required paperwork and tickets from checking in online.  Luckily we were in the Yacht Club and after an hour we were on board and able to get in our room.  It did take a day to get everything sorted out.  

So, in Early January I realized that our points for our trip were never added.  I called and was told to email which I did several times over the next month and only received the automated message.  Then I saw on here someone recommended emailing every day which I started to do in mid march.  WE finally received a reply yesterday from my email on 4/26/22 the day prior.  Where all of the other emails went who knows.  Their response was "after a thorough review it is determined that no points are due as you were a NO SHOW for your cruise"  They went on to say since we did not sail, we do not get points.  I am not very irate.  I even explained in my original email that we had issues at the port.  They did no research.  They said if I had any issues to call.  Which I did and it was again the basic customer service who said they could not help me I would have to email.   

I loved the ship and the service on board but the land based customer service is absolutely horrid.  As most already know.

So I replied to the email with scans of the final bills we received on board and even the note from the concierge apologizing for the issues at embarkation. 

I know that missing points aren't the end of the world but it is now a matter of principal.    

Lol, I am the guy who said to email every day. Unfortunately the person you got did not, like you said, do any research. Keep emailing and keep sending the copies of the bills.

Like you, for me, it was a matter of principle.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Paphillyguy said:

Their response was "after a thorough review it is determined that no points are due as you were a NO SHOW for your cruise"  They went on to say since we did not sail, we do not get points.

Tell them to refund the port fees if you "did not sail". 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Tell them to refund the port fees if you "did not sail". 😉

This is a good idea and I will add in there.  I see all these charges from MSC from 12/4 - 12/12 but I did not sail.  Better yet just call my Amex and dispute the charges since I did not sail.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, Paphillyguy said:

If it helps, we only recently got our points from our August sailing and everyone that we can log in and see (audits) did anyway.  Not sure if the kiddos did but we are all Classic now which I assume means we did.  I made a lot of phone calls and sent a lot of emails and messages!

Well it seems we did receive point as of this morning.  Not quite sure how the calculated them.  I got 1,100 points but my husband that had less charged to his account got 2,400 points and moved to a higher level.  

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 6:31 AM, Paphillyguy said:

Just a suggestion. Keep it simple.

1."MSM said I did not sail"  

2. I DID sail from (  ) to (  ) in CABIN #_______   ( Your Name)  

3. HELP me get my points.

Signed

(email address) (phone #)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Been Trying to get missing Points Sept 17th Seaside Cruise. Dog&Pony Show: Case&file building.First E-mail Oct12got reply Oct 17 Case# saying Up to 5 weeks to post. Them E-mail address changed need caps MSCV trickee. Old failed! Phoned C/S got South Africa they send Voyagers Club MIA then got 2 E-mails New Case# from MIA Voyages

3/5 days to review 2days later Fri 4:30+ Email need 3/5 more Days (Team review) Waiting!! Thinking it would make me Diamond on next Dec MSC Cruise. Reason? NCL looking Better. No Points No New MSC Bookings  Have 8-7 Days Booked with MSC Post C-19     from The Bilge