On-line Check In and Cruise Documents

Greyhound Crazy

Hi! I apologize if this has been asked already many times, but I don't quite know what to do. We sail on May 21. I completed everyone's web check in ages ago, except for the photo (no matter what we try we can't upload a photo and we can't take a photo, we've tried many different things all to no avail). The information has been there except for the photo for months. I did call MSC, and the agent said the photo thing is a common problem and not to worry about it, we will still get our cruise documents and they will just take a picture at embarkation. So I didn't worry.

We are now within 20 days of boarding, though, and I have noticed that our address information has disappeared from our web check in information. I keep re-adding it and it keeps deleting, there is no way to save it. Our other info is all there, phone number, emergency contact, passport info, etc. But the address disappears. And of course, no photo. 

The website tells me my cruise documents are not ready - is this because our photo isn't there, or our address keeps disappearing? How do we get these documents (I can't help but think we won't be able to embark without them)? Do I have to call MSC (or make my TA do it)? 

Thanks...

4 minutes ago, Missbollinger said:

If you have a TA have the TA do it, otherwise call MSC, eventually they can put your address in there and it will stay.  Also they can send you your cruise docs by email.  Request it when you call.  Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!

You can try to see if this works. I was having the same thing happen and was able to get my documents. By the address fields, there is an orange "find" box that will automatically fill in the address for you and if you check the box that you agree with terms and skip the photo section, you can click on "next". It will then bring you to a page that will email the documents to you.  

I may not have complete details because I'm doing this from memory as I'm too afraid to mess things up with mine.  

• Like 1

Okay, I gave up with the website. Even though all the address info and other things were completed correctly, I was not able to email the documents to myself. I asked my TA to get them, and he did - but they don't have our Voyagers Club status on them. So I called MSC, this was corrected, and they said they sent the travel documents to me. I did not get them. I called again, and was told the request has been put in, and I should have them in a day or so. It's now been 3 days. My TA has also called, but was told MSC is experiencing difficulty sending out travel documents and they will send them when they send them, basically. I seem to say this a lot about MSC - it shouldn't be this hard. I am not sure what to do. Yes, I am grateful I at least have one set of travel documents (even if they have, for whatever reason, not linked our VC number to the reservation and our status doesn't show). But really should it be this difficult to obtain a correct set of documents? It's a simple email. I don't care if it comes to me or to my TA, but it's not hard to send one and I fail to see how difficult it can be to generate one. We embark in 15 days - if I didn't have the first set of documents I'd be a complete basket case by now. As it is I'm only a partial basket case and this vacation better be worth the headaches.

44 minutes ago, Greyhound Crazy said:

Okay, I gave up with the website. Even though all the address info and other things were completed correctly, I was not able to email the documents to myself.

In addition to the tip given above about letting the site "find" your complete address, another tip is to try to go through the process with a different passenger in the same stateroom. I was unable to get the travel docs sent to my email for me but when going through the process with the other 3 staying in my stateroom (wife/2 kids), the docs came through just fine...even though I use the same email address for everyone. 

47 minutes ago, Greyhound Crazy said:

My TA has also called, but was told MSC is experiencing difficulty sending out travel documents and they will send them when they send them, basically.

Strangely, I was able to get mine more than 90 days out for my upcoming cruise while the previous cruise was unavailable until 19 days out. 

49 minutes ago, Greyhound Crazy said:

As it is I'm only a partial basket case and this vacation better be worth the headaches.

Once on the ship, mostly everything is fine. That's why we continue to sail with MSC (and others). No cruise is perfect but the onboard experience is the opposite of the IT or finance department. 

30 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

In addition to the tip given above about letting the site "find" your complete address, another tip is to try to go through the process with a different passenger in the same stateroom. I was unable to get the travel docs sent to my email for me but when going through the process with the other 3 staying in my stateroom (wife/2 kids), the docs came through just fine...even though I use the same email address for everyone. 

Yeah, this didn't work for me, doesn't matter which passenger I use. I had so hoped it would. But thanks, I do appreciate it. 

I have the same promblem. Our Voyager club status doesn t show on the ticket. We are sailing the 12 th of May from Kiel. I Think it Will Be close to sailing if We get a new ticket. Once you could order an E-mail with the document from the web check in site but it s not possible longer....