Transatlantic Internet Access

Ombud

Ok. I now personally know all about unreliable internet access between SF and Victoria.  Yeah. Shouldn't be a problem but it is. 

My next voyage is Southampton to NY. Is MedallionNet worth it? Are there terminals with free wifi at various ports (Bergen, Belfast, Cobh, Azores .... not concerned about Boston)? 

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth even $5 a day

33 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Ok. I now personally know all about unreliable internet access between SF and Victoria.  Yeah. Shouldn't be a problem but it is. 

My next voyage is Southampton to NY. Is MedallionNet worth it? Are there terminals with free wifi at various ports (Bergen, Belfast, Cobh, Azores .... not concerned about Boston)? 

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth even $5 a day

What ship are you on now?  I am asking because I am wondering if the poor internet is a fleet wide issue. Prior to the pandemic we had cruised on several Medallion Net cruises and the internet was wonderful, super amazing even, especially when comparing it to non Medallion Net internet. I just did my first post restart cruise the end of March and the internet was horrible. And I hate to tell you this but I was on the Enchanted. I am planning on getting the package for the two cruises I am doing prior to the TA as I did not book with Princess Plus. I booked the TA with Princess Plus.  If you want to hold off purchasing your internet until after August 16, you can email me (to remind me) then and I will let you know how it is behaving. 

Hi @CTGirl! I just got off the Ruby Princess. In December the Emerald Princess was fine but about 1/2 the passengers.  If the Enchanted Princess numbers are closer to the last voyage (2532+) then is it worth it? 

Will follow this post and ask again

Edited by Ombud

The reports from the recent Enchanted Princess Transatlantic from the States are not good on internet availability  - see this post.   Also, MedallionNet was out for most of the Norwegian ports on Sky Princess last week.  Something is up with the provisioning - maybe they will have resolved the issues by August. I believe SES are due to launch a new super-dooper service in June but no idea if Princess have signed up to it.