A few questions for those currently or recently on discovery

ozziebound

I was on the 4/17 sailing. The ship is just stunning. The crew is so friendly & nice.

The Good Spirits Bar is not to be missed. My favorite was the Yucatan Spicy Margarita! I really wish I could remember her name but she was awesome at recommending drinks.

There were a fair amount of people wearing masks but most were not, Including my brother and I.

They had signs recommending them in Elevators and they had some in the room for you.

When going ashore, they did require and provide them as well as on the water shuttles.

Enjoy your cruise!

Not many passengers are wearing masks on this current cruise.  
pour favorite staff and crew are: 

Bar servers in the international cafe and good spirits 

- Artur and Raunak 

Crooners bar servers 

- Putu and Ryan 

Crown Grill bar 

- Yonica and Neville (bartender)

Take Five 

- Dijana (bartender) 

Guest services 

-Brandon, Anna and Anastasia 

Skagway Dining Room 

- Hanna (hostess)

- Mirko (maitre’d)

- Isidoro (aka: JoJo) and Olha h wait team 

GiGi’s Pizza 

- Magdalena (in charge of GiGi’s) 

- Brian (server extraordinaire ). 

our room steward a is Rubin and he is fantastic!  
so many more .. 

• Like 3

Are all dining rooms going to open up for the Summer Alaska cruises? I’m trying to book our party of 7. Plus they want to put us is Ketchikan and Skagway. I’d like to stick to the same dining room, but it does not give me that option.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Are all dining rooms going to open up for the Summer Alaska cruises? I’m trying to book our party of 7. Plus they want to put us is Ketchikan and Skagway. I’d like to stick to the same dining room, but it does not give me that option.

Thanks.

I sure hope they do open all 3, We always use the dining room right near spirits which would be the Juneau 😊

We were on April 17 - 24th.  I saw a lot of people wearing masks.  I asked my husband what he thought was the percentage and he said 30% - I thought more.  We wore masks everytime we left our cabin.

We found the food in the MDR excellent.  We don't eat much in the Buffet, but it was okay.  I am not a big fan of buffets

10 hours ago, ozziebound said:

I'm embarking Wednesday so...

1. Any favourite crew? Didn't interact much with crew with the exception of our steward

2. Favourite bars/bartenders/drinks? DH 💖 Dirty Bananas. I don't drink.

3. To what extent are masks being worn/encouraged/required? Encouraged - absolutely NOT. Required? - nowhere except in the terminal during boarding, etc. Signs all over that said "suggested" to wear masks. Worn - maybe 10% were wearing masks. 

Thanks!

Adam

We were on Discovery from 4/24 to 4/29.

I’d also recommend Magdalena in Gigi’s. She’s a sweetheart.  Also Marvin, waiter in the Crown Grille. He’s a fun guy.  We’ve a been on the Majestic and the Discovery so far this year, 2022.  No mask, no worries.  Enjoy your cruise.  Don’t be afraid. Enjoy the fresh ocean air.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jenny said:

I’d also recommend Magdalena in Gigi’s. She’s a sweetheart.  Also Marvin, waiter in the Crown Grille. He’s a fun guy.  We’ve a been on the Majestic and the Discovery so far this year, 2022.  No mask, no worries.  Enjoy your cruise.  Don’t be afraid. Enjoy the fresh ocean air.

Magdalena is the best!  

• Like 2

I was on the Discovery Princess for the inaugural cruise and the second cruise.  

Ivan at the specialty coffee bar is fantastic!  Tell him that the one that is allergic to dairy sent you… He made me coffee drinks daily and took excellent care of me.  I have a dairy allergy and I never had to worry when he made my drinks.

We wore masks but most did not.  Of course I removed my mask while eating or drinking…. I tested positive for Covid the day after I returned home and it was rough.  I am thankful that my friend did not get sick or test positive and we shared an inside cabin.

The Discovery Princess is a beautiful ship with a fabulous crew. The food was extra yummy!

Enjoy your cruise!