Charter Cruise ??

My Mexican Riviera cruise booked for March 2023 is now showing 7 night Charter Cruise. All other details on my cruse planner hasn't changed except for the "Charter" name change. Should I be concerned and what do I do...just wait or is there a possibility that even if it's chartered we will still be allowed to cruise on this itinerary?  Thanks...this is the first time this has happened to us after years of cruising...and a bit puzzled.

The charter cruises we take are 100 percent charters and no regular booking are allowed . But have been on other cruises that were partially chartered by a group, depending group you may not be happy. I have never had a bad experience on a full or partial charter.

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

This and survey others on the same sailing (via Roll Call thread of FB) if they are seeing the same.

I'm the only one and started the Roll Call on CC. Will check FB...thanks.

11 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

When is your cruise.  Is it on the Navigator from LA?  If so it is booked by a group called "The 80's Cruise, year 7"  If they book the entire ship then you will probably be bumped.  

Yes...Navigator 3-3-23. The theme wouldn't bother me (I could care less)....but just wondering how long until I know if I might get bumped? Wouldn't they know if they booked the whole ship yet?

Never been bumped for a charter...what happens when you are?

Edited by Ashland

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...Navigator 3-3-23. The theme wouldn't bother me (I could care less)....but just wondering how long until I know if I might get bumped? Wouldn't they know if they booked the whole ship yet?

The are usually a full charter--and the site that shows full charters has your sailing listed.   https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html 

I did log in to the 80's cruise page since I've done a rock cruise before and have an account, it looks like bookings are strong.  And you wouldn't believe how much they charge, lol.  

Here is the site to register, you can tell from the photos and video that they take over the entire ship. The one I did was on NCL and one whole pool was covered to make it into a stage.  https://the80scruise.com/?fbclid=IwAR1nHuCUdclt_e7u31-vXxGLSFYxpae1hlin1e2Oi-k_XzoHdHfBolCA5Ps 

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

The are usually a full charter--and the site that shows full charters has your sailing listed.   https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html 

I did log in to the 80's cruise page since I've done a rock cruise before and have an account, it looks like bookings are strong.  And you wouldn't believe how much they charge, lol.  

Here is the site to register, you can tell from the photos and video that they take over the entire ship. The one I did was on NCL and one whole pool was covered to make it into a stage.  https://the80scruise.com/?fbclid=IwAR1nHuCUdclt_e7u31-vXxGLSFYxpae1hlin1e2Oi-k_XzoHdHfBolCA5Ps 

Yes...I just looked and it appears they've booked the whole ship. So what happens to my booking now ? I got such a great price on my OS when I booked. 

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...I just looked and it appears they've booked the whole ship. So what happens to my booking now ? I got such a great price on my OS when I booked. 

I had  a great deal on a 2 Bed GS on Indy that I booked in March of 2019 for sailing in March of 2021, so two years out.  I got an email in June of 2019 saying they were sorry, but it had been chartered and offered me some options to move to another sailing and be price protected, but that same room wasn't available.  Or we could cancel.  Or we could rebook at prevailing rate to any other cruise and we'd get onboard credit--which is ultimately what we did.  And two years later it became FCC due to Covid, lol.  

Anyway, they should have emailed you to let you know and given you some options.  Have you called?  I ask that because they only gave us 2 weeks to get back to them with our decision. 

Edited by rockmom

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

I had  a great deal on a 2 Bed GS on Indy that I booked in March of 2019 for sailing in March of 2021, so two years out.  I got an email in June of 2019 saying they were sorry, but it had been chartered and offered me some options to move to another sailing and be price protected, but that same room wasn't available.  Or we could cancel.  Or we could rebook at prevailing rate to any other cruise and we'd get onboard credit--which is ultimately what we did.  And two years later it became FCC due to Covid, lol.  

Anyway, they should have emailed you to let you know and given you some options.  Have you called?  I ask that because they only gave us 2 weeks to get back to them with our decision. 

I just got home from my Harmony cruise and saw the change to charter today so I'll definitely call...I have no problem changing dates and it would be great if it was price protected. Thanks so much for your help.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

I just got home from my Harmony cruise and saw the change to charter today so I'll definitely call...I have no problem changing dates and it would be great if it was price protected. Thanks so much for your help.

Sure, I wonder why they haven't let you know though, they will probably say 'we sent you an email in March'  (which is when bookings opened up for this charter)  Good luck!  

• Like 1