How fast are refunds lately?

I received a refund to gift card for a HAL cancelled excursion yesterday, it was cancelled about 2 weeks ago. They state they are processing in order of cruise dates,  and our cruise date is Jun 11th.

I had been doing a lot of poking around on the HAL site yesterday for new excursions for that cruise and got the "finish your purchase" auto email a couple of hours before I received the email for the refund credit. It seemed like odd timing, but maybe that triggered something to expedite it?

6 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

The paperwork does say they have the right to hold refund until the excursion date.  No sign of cruise deposit yet.

We have NEVER had excursion costs withheld until the excursion date, whether pre cruise, cancelled cruise or one on which we were sailing.  There's a  2 or 3 day advance time limit once on board of course.

Ruth

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 2:49 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

I cancelled shore excursion and cruise on April 1.  I realize it is barely over a month ago.  Just curious what others are experiencing lately.

Thank you.

If possible it is best to cancel your excursions, and any onboard purchases (including cabanas) before cancelling the cruise. The refunds for these take just a couple days. No issue if you call and cancel the cruise 5 minutes later, as long as everything else was cancelled first it should happen automatically and always seems to work  better/faster. 

I don't have any recent experience on the cruise fare portion as I have been transferring deposits & payments from one booking to another lately. 

• Like 1

I realized what the hold up may be.  It was refunded to a card number we no longer have because the card was compromised.  We still have an account with the same company, but, I think it takes longer to flow over to the new number.  So, the problem may be on our end not HAL's.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I realized what the hold up may be.  It was refunded to a card number we no longer have because the card was compromised.  We still have an account with the same company, but, I think it takes longer to flow over to the new number.  So, the problem may be on our end not HAL's.

Oh that will absolutely do it. Hopefully the bank gets it transferred over soon.

When HAL cancelled the Volendam cruise to house refugees, it took 3 weeks to receive our cruise fare back.  For shore excursions on prior cruises, I've found those to be refunded pretty quickly.