Not a fan of the upgrade process

I thought I would get a yes or no response to my upgrade bid.  I am 2 days out from sailing so I called this afternoon.   Was told, no notification is given if you don’t get the upgrade.  Yet, everything on line still shows pending.  

I am fine with the room I selected but I think it is good customer service to let people know one way or the other.   

• Like 1

Just now, sassycruiser said:

I thought I would get a yes or no response to my upgrade bid.  I am 2 days out from sailing so I called this afternoon.   Was told, no notification is given if you don’t get the upgrade.  Yet, everything on line still shows pending.  

I am fine with the room I selected but I think it is good customer service to let people know one way or the other.   

The process is done by a 3rd party company so calling NCL will probably not get you a valid answer. 
  I have always been notified yay or nay. It could be the day of cruise though, especially now with last minute cancellations due to people having a positive Covid test. 

• Like 1

I have had better deals just calling up my PCC and asking how much to upgrade.

8th April on the Jade £10 ($12.50) PP to go from inside to balcony, I cancelled my £120 bid right away 😆

• Like 1

Good grief.  Just book a cruise and enjoy whatever you wind up with.  The upgrade game is just that.  That said, my last cruise and my upcoming cruise I booked an inside and wound up with a balcony for couch change.  Would I have more fun with the inside and an extra one or two hundred bucks in my wallet?   It probably wouldn't make a bit of difference.  Once I'm on the ship, I don't care about the money and I don't care about the cabin.  I'm on the freakin' ship!! 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sassycruiser said:

Unfortunately, you called too soon.

Bidding remains open until 24 hours before departure. Unsuccessful bids will be notified after that point. On our cruise last month, we got our "unsuccessful bid" about 21 hours before sailing. 

image.png.698950a15d71ff893ad983481cd232a1.png

• Like 2

I agree with Chiefmate! If you want a better cabin just book it! These days it seems that everyone seems to want to book the lowest category available and expect to get upgraded to the largest suite on the ship. There are no guarantees in life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RD64 said:

I agree with Chiefmate! If you want a better cabin just book it! These days it seems that everyone seems to want to book the lowest category available and expect to get upgraded to the largest suite on the ship. There are no guarantees in life.

It works.... saves a boat load of money. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It works.... saves a boat load of money. 

It works if/when it works.  That was my point.  Just get on the ship and have fun.   If you can score an upgrade for couch change, then do it.  Otherwise, just have fun.  Steerage on a cruise ship beats most everything else in life.  😎

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wow - I am amazed at some of the responses.   In an earlier remark I said I was happy with the cabin I booked, I would just like an answer.  I certainly didn’t book the cheapest cabin hoping for an upgrade.   

• Like 3

if youre not a fan of the upgrade process, then very simply dont try and participate.  its all voluntary. and i agree with my good buddy chief mate.  just book the cabin you want and can afford at the beginning.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't like the upgrade process because I don't get to participate in the cabin selection. I will not randomly allow myself to be placed directly below the pool deck. Hard pass. If I un-voluntarily get upgraded from my current spot, I will not be a happy camper. 

• Like 2

uff da. to avoid all this, once again i suggest you figure out the price at which you are comfortable paying, and just book a cabin in that category. you get to choose where your cabin is located, on which deck, and its surroundings

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, complawyer said:

uff da. to avoid all this, once again i suggest you figure out the price at which you are comfortable paying, and just book a cabin in that category. you get to choose where your cabin is located, on which deck, and its surroundings

He said uff da!  🤣  Very appropriate for a forum that includes the word "Norwegian."

• Like 1

I want to upgrade a friend from a window to a balcony and was told that the upgrade cost was over $1300. Don't understand, as they paid over $1300  apiece over a year ago. Rep says it has something to do with the offers at the time of the initial booking..Oh well. I keep trying.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, picruiser said:

I want to upgrade a friend from a window to a balcony and was told that the upgrade cost was over $1300. Don't understand, as they paid over $1300  apiece over a year ago. Rep says it has something to do with the offers at the time of the initial booking..Oh well. I keep trying.

Are you calling for an upgrade or using the upgrade bidding process?

On 5/6/2022 at 9:02 PM, sassycruiser said:

Wow - I am amazed at some of the responses.   In an earlier remark I said I was happy with the cabin I booked, I would just like an answer.  I certainly didn’t book the cheapest cabin hoping for an upgrade.   

Pretty obvious they don't have an answer for you yet.  That's the way it works.