Live from the Crown Princess Return to Service Cruise May 7 2022 to Alaska

pkt1976

47 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Please explain for me.  How is Seattle Pier 91 affected by ArriveCan for US citizen passengers. I will be on a cruise leaving from and ending in Seattle and returning to California after the cruise.   Is ArriveCan required for a 4 hour stop in Victoria?

Because your ship stops at a Canadian port, you will have to do the ArriveCan.

• Like 2

Booked on the Alaskan sampler at the end of the Crowns Alaska season.  It's a 5 day voyage and with full day stops in Ketchikan and Juneau, starting in Seattle and ending in Vancouver.  We have already received notice that the port times will be shortened and we will depart Seattle an hour earlier.  At the rate things are going, I'm betting they swap out Juneau for Victoria.

As an aside, we are presently onboard the discovery for the Alaskan sampler l (which was a replacement voyage of the cancelled SF to Vancouver coastal in early April, which they say was related to needing more time in drydock immediately after that voyage.  Most don't buy that). While the discovery is new, this is my 3rd voyage on a royal class vessel in 2 years, and I have to say it's not my preference to sail on this class anymore.  I'm very much looking forward to sailing on the crown so I hope they don't scrap my late September voyage. Certainly the trajectory doesn't look good if princess limps the crown through the summer only to cancel some voyages late in the Alaska season for a majors drydock fix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kennact said:

We are using Princess for hotel and transfer for our Crown cruise next month. What time in morning do they have you meet up to head to ship? Thanks

We had to have bags ready by 7:45. Between 8-9 we showed our documents and we had to be ready to board the bus at 10:00. We actually started boarding the bus about 10:15 but then waited while they looked for two missing people. We arrived at the pier around 10:45. I was on board and in my room by 11:30.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

I am curious how passengers who fail to enter information into Arrivecan  prior to arriving at check in are being handled if anyone happens to notice.  Are Princess reps assisting ?  I know some people choose to have all Medallion information entered by Princess at the Port, my guess is there will be some who don’t do Arrivecan in advance as well. 

No one asked about Arrivecan but there were instructions for completing it in the cabin. 

• Like 1

Question on the transfers. I see people talking about getting picked up at the hotel. We are staying at the Waterfront Marriott. I thought they only had xfers from/to the airport. Is there a bus from the Marriott? I was planning to just take a taxi?

36 minutes ago, OKCruiseMan said:

Question on the transfers. I see people talking about getting picked up at the hotel. We are staying at the Waterfront Marriott. I thought they only had xfers from/to the airport. Is there a bus from the Marriott? I was planning to just take a taxi?

If your pre-cruise hotel is booked by Princess and includes transfers, they pick you up at the hotel.  

If you’re staying at the Waterfront Marriott, get a Lyft or Uber, or, if you’re feeling like a stroll, you can literally walk to the ship - cross the street and follow the main sidewalk past the fountain of the naked dude.  It’s a 2.5 mile flat walk and when the weather is great, it’s extremely popular. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OKCruiseMan said:

You can take a taxi or can sign up for the shuttle with the concierge.  Pretty sure it was $10 PP last year.  The pier is just 2 - 3 miles away.    That hotel is in a fantastic location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grnstone317 said:

We had to have bags ready by 7:45. Between 8-9 we showed our documents and we had to be ready to board the bus at 10:00. We actually started boarding the bus about 10:15 but then waited while they looked for two missing people. We arrived at the pier around 10:45. I was on board and in my room by 11:30.

Thanks for the info! 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

I'm hoping they'll have the new Alaskan Menu on board and that you'll grace us with foodie pics and opinions... We're on the Grand later this month for an Alaskan B2B and excited for the new seafood choices that are expected 🙂  Hope you have a wonderful cruise in spite of the changes... and like you said, you have the drink package, so it should be pretty good all around no matter what 😉 

Great question.  I’m on Discovery on May 22 and can’t wait to see the Alaska menu!

7 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

I am curious how passengers who fail to enter information into Arrivecan  prior to arriving at check in are being handled if anyone happens to notice.  Are Princess reps assisting ?  I know some people choose to have all Medallion information entered by Princess at the Port, my guess is there will be some who don’t do Arrivecan in advance as well. 

ArriveCAN was not checked when checking in at the pier. During the cruise there was an info sheet detailing what needed to be done. If you already did it please check in at Guest Services with the QR code, if not please complete it. That was the only time it was ever asked about. No one asked a thing when we got off the ship in Victoria.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, highloyo said:

ArriveCAN was not checked when checking in at the pier. During the cruise there was an info sheet detailing what needed to be done. If you already did it please check in at Guest Services with the QR code, if not please complete it. That was the only time it was ever asked about. No one asked a thing when we got off the ship in Victoria.

Did you depart from Seattle or Vancouver?  I am going in and out of Seattle and I am still very unsure how this is supposed to work.  I have no issue filling out paperwork.  I just want be aware of the process as much as I can.  Did you do the arriveCAN stuff before you boarded?  Does it make any difference if you do it pre-cruise?  Are paper copies accepted.  I hate phone apps.

Thanks to those of you posting about your experiences.  I am sure it will help a lot of people.

We departed from Los Angeles with the cruise visiting Victoria and terminating in Vancouver. It’s a very simple app to complete, maybe 4 or 5 simple questions.  Prior to a recent change it was more complicated because you had to provide a quarantine plan. That no longer is the case. 

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Mike & ZenCompliments to the photographer.  Your photos are clear and can be enlarged enough to actually clearly read writings.  I was never able to get a good photo of the officers' board.  

Thank you for the compliment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Did you depart from Seattle or Vancouver?  I am going in and out of Seattle and I am still very unsure how this is supposed to work.  I have no issue filling out paperwork.  I just want be aware of the process as much as I can.  Did you do the arriveCAN stuff before you boarded?  Does it make any difference if you do it pre-cruise?  Are paper copies accepted.  I hate phone apps.

Thanks to those of you posting about your experiences.  I am sure it will help a lot of people.

You can download the app now and create your account.  You can add your passport, vaccination info now, but you won't be able to add the next set of details until closer to your trip.   

The journey here to the ship was challenging but happy to be here. I have a window cabin on deck 5 and LOVE it. I love watching the ocean and I don’t get seasick. The view from deck 5 is fabulous. My room steward is going to change the bed to two twins tomorrow which will leave space between the beds to sit by the window 🙌🏻

the pool and hot tubs are 16 forward, currently empty but i hope they fill the hot tubs at least this cruise 

there are new food items on the mdr menu tonight as well. Here are some photos from today 

FBBD660F-DFD5-4D80-933E-CFC2238F00F3.jpeg

617C493C-9698-452F-994F-E7039060D3BB.jpeg

15D49434-3252-4412-80ED-82828AD0CFC8.jpeg

8887345D-022A-44D9-B673-CBB13EF65347.jpeg

5A8A03CC-6D9F-45A2-993A-9C0A20DBA0C4.jpeg

75BC3678-4377-4727-B0AF-D2D2D65E8B15.jpeg

035794D5-4707-494C-9576-A9FFCC51F358.jpeg

C87E8452-513A-4E94-A272-54A69E9B70F9.jpeg

6DC6E189-66F5-4ABD-A18A-8106EB7E44D5.jpeg

1CAC4CB4-E55A-4B12-8E06-CBCC4D0B1D37.jpeg

4C67FB6F-32F0-402E-8FD1-6B9DED5D2DC8.jpeg

B4C3B845-2138-42C9-8FBA-5188C5D87827.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

You can download the app now and create your account.  You can add your passport, vaccination info now, but you won't be able to add the next set of details until closer to your trip.   

Do you have to upload a pic of CDC vaccination card?

The NCL Bliss passed us a bit ago and left us in the dust 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

im super tired tonight so unpacked etc after dinner and I’m crashing out for the night 😴 

I hope all on board are having fun and hope to see you at the meet and greet tomorrow! 

• Like 1