Cabin mate no show

reeinaz

NVM. I’ve had time to search before takeoff. Looks like refunded to original form of payment. I was hoping for OBC so I could fun the cheers package that I wasn’t getting since she doesn’t drink 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reeinaz said:

NVM. I’ve had time to search before takeoff. Looks like refunded to original form of payment. I was hoping for OBC so I could fun the cheers package that I wasn’t getting since she doesn’t drink 😂😂

Your research is correct.

7 minutes ago, CruisingAgain said:

I got charged a $250 fee for a no show so i didn't get refunded for gratuities and port taxes. I am fighting it. I do not see see ANYWHERE that there is a $250 penalty.

check the terms and conditions of the fare code you booked under. this can be normal. from carnival website:

For bookings that do not include airfare booked through Carnival, and not booked under a restricted/non-refundable fare*, there is no charge for a name change.

*Restricted and Non-Refundable fares include the following but not limited to these promotions: Early Saver, Pack & Go, Super Saver, etc.

If your booking is made under a restricted/non-refundable fare*, please check the Terms and Conditions of the specific promotion to see if name changes are permitted. If name changes are not allowed, the original guest will be subject to a non-refundable deposit (or full fare) or applicable cancellation penalties. An additional deposit will be required for the new guest.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

check the terms and conditions of the fare code you booked under. this can be normal. from carnival website:

For bookings that do not include airfare booked through Carnival, and not booked under a restricted/non-refundable fare*, there is no charge for a name change.

*Restricted and Non-Refundable fares include the following but not limited to these promotions: Early Saver, Pack & Go, Super Saver, etc.

If your booking is made under a restricted/non-refundable fare*, please check the Terms and Conditions of the specific promotion to see if name changes are permitted. If name changes are not allowed, the original guest will be subject to a non-refundable deposit (or full fare) or applicable cancellation penalties. An additional deposit will be required for the new guest.

first I have ever heard of a charge for a no show. So they kept the no shows monies and also charged $250? Sounds crazy to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 7:33 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

first I have ever heard of a charge for a no show. So they kept the no shows monies and also charged $250? Sounds crazy to me.

That is correct ..... I paid the full cruise fare for 2 people but only 1 cruised. That is okay and expected. BUT, they did not refund taxes and gratuities because they said there was that $250 charge. So they kept the money I paid for taxes and gratuities. After 2 months I asked about the status of my request and got the same automated reply that it might take longer than normal to reply because they have an increase in inquiries.  I dont' know what is "normal" so I don't know when they will get around to this.

Oh ... and I read through ALL of the terms and conditions and it does not mention $250 anywhere. My PVP is usually excellent but he couldn't do anything. 

8 hours ago, CruisingAgain said:

That is correct ..... I paid the full cruise fare for 2 people but only 1 cruised. That is okay and expected. BUT, they did not refund taxes and gratuities because they said there was that $250 charge. So they kept the money I paid for taxes and gratuities. After 2 months I asked about the status of my request and got the same automated reply that it might take longer than normal to reply because they have an increase in inquiries.  I dont' know what is "normal" so I don't know when they will get around to this.

Oh ... and I read through ALL of the terms and conditions and it does not mention $250 anywhere. My PVP is usually excellent but he couldn't do anything. 

Did they at least tel you what the $250 charge was for? And you're also saying that nobody contacted Carnival or your PVP at any point before the cruise mentioning the other party was not going to make it? sounds like the deposit for the other person was kept because somebody notified Carnival before you got to the pier.

The taxes and fees, and gratuities came to exactly $250? Seems they should owe you some money back on that end. And if your PVP couldn't help you, it's time for a new PVP.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:10 AM, Illbcruzn4life said:

Did they at least tel you what the $250 charge was for? And you're also saying that nobody contacted Carnival or your PVP at any point before the cruise mentioning the other party was not going to make it? sounds like the deposit for the other person was kept because somebody notified Carnival before you got to the pier.

The taxes and fees, and gratuities came to exactly $250? Seems they should owe you some money back on that end. And if your PVP couldn't help you, it's time for a new PVP.

They said there was a $250 "penalty".  I didn't include the exact money details in my originnal post because I just believe there should not have been any penalty and the taxes and gratuities should haev been returned.  I notified them at the port as many many other people have done in the past. I don't kno if this "penalty" is a new rule that everyone should know.

Details:  The taxes and gratuities were about $210. They sent me a gift card for $39. But that makes no sense either because if there was a $250 penalty then I owed them $40, they didn't owe it to me.  I don't know if the $39 had anything to do with it or if that was some money left on my account.