Warning Seville / cadiz week begin 16th May

Just in case it hasnt been mentioned on here or your ship is not privy to this information I see ships  Aid Astella , Seven Seas Splendour, Spirit of Adventure are docked that week in this Area. The city of seville will be taken over by fans from Scotland and Germany who compete in a European football final. Estimates are there will be well over 100,000 fans descending on Seville. Enter  at your peril 😃

• eric4395 changed the title to Warning Seville / cadiz week begin 16th May

Thanks for the heads up.  Seville is a wonderful place to visit.  But instead of sharing Plaza de Espana with 100,000 football fans, I might look for a different excursion.  

Good to know. I'll be in Seville a month later so hopefully will be OK. During the Corpus Christi festival. Has anyone been in Seville during this time of year?

9 hours ago, eric4395 said:

Just in case it hasnt been mentioned on here or your ship is not privy to this information I see ships  Aid Astella , Seven Seas Splendour, Spirit of Adventure are docked that week in this Area. The city of seville will be taken over by fans from Scotland and Germany who compete in a European football final. Estimates are there will be well over 100,000 fans descending on Seville. Enter  at your peril 😃

I'd say the fans will be well over 100,000, as the Scottish team Glasgow Rangers can easily bring 100,000 fans, based on how many they took to Manchester in 2008. They are already booking every available hotel for miles around Sevilla.