Merged - Cunard website Issues

lissie

20 minutes ago, sfred said:

I was trying the same thing last night, for a QM2 voyage Southampton to Norway in November. (Let me start by saying we're very excited to be back on Cunard and QM2 again! It has been too long.  While we did QV in South America just prior to covid, we haven't been on QM2 since 2018.)

From my experience last night, on both Firefox and Edge on Windows 10...

• MyCunard accepted my Insurance information, with a brief spin of the Loading wheel.
  • When I then tried to enter Emergency Contact information, I got the same infinite spin. In very faint grayscale type under the spinning wheel was a red error message for "Invalid phone format".  Reloading the page deleted the Insurance information previously entered. 
  • I tried the sequence again with the different range of phone formats mentioned here in this thread, but each time got the infinite spin.
  • I then tried to enter Emergency Contact info without first entering the Insurance.  This was successful.  The phone format was an Australia mobile, starting with 04 and then all numbers, without country code +61 or 61.
  • But then if I tried to enter the Insurance info, the infinite spin returned, with a faint red "Invalid State format" error message, which is odd because there is no field in Insurance requesting State, only in the Emergency Contact section, and the site previously accepted the Emergency Contact state just before.
  • A reload of the page to exit the Insurance infinite spin erased the Emergency contact info.
  • At that point I gave up.  It seems that MyCunard will take Insurance, or Emergency Contact, whichever you try entering first, but not both.

Not sure if this helps to crack the code.  (We're still excited to be back.) 

You saved me a lot of typing - exactly the same experience here  even with an emergency contact who IS in the USA (I'm in NZ) 

Ah! Thanks for that, @sfred. I now have my Emergency Contact details entered successfully. What I didn't realize was that I was indeed getting a very faint red error message during that "infinite spin". When I scrolled all the way back up to the top of the form, it was telling me "Invalid Emergency Contact Address - State".

Bingo! I had typed out our full state name as "Iowa". I should have known it was expecting the standard two-character state abbreviation "IA" for Iowa. Once I realized it was complaining about the state format, it was clear sailing from there.

To answer @MarkBearSF's question, it accepted my entry of a standard 10-digit US phone number without any punctuation as in "9875554321". I'm at a loss as to what might be causing you problems with the entry of your phone numbers into the Emergency contact details form.

Concerning the Insurance information, fortunately that is not something we need to deal with here in the US since proof of insurance is not required for US bookings. We have no fields for entering Insurance details in the US version of My Cunard. I remember when My Cunard was first rolled out a few years ago, it did contain fields for the Insurance information here in the US but it was not saving anything entered into those fields. Those Insurance fields have since been removed from the US version of My Cunard.

• Like 1

An addendum on editing the Emergency contact details here in the US version of My Cunard.

Having successfully entered my Emergency contact details, I went back to correct my "Relationship to you" field. We are using my wife's sister as both of our contacts, so for me the relationship should be "SISTER-IN-LAW". Well, attempting to change just that one field generated the notorious "Invalid Emergency Contact Address - State" error.

I had done nothing to the State field. It was still reading "IA" for Iowa as it should. After some fiddling, I figured out that error would go away by clearing and re-entering "IA" into the state field. Go figure. This appears to be a repeatable issue for me. It seems I can only edit something in the Emergency contact details if I also delete and re-type the data in the State field.

That probably won't help any with that same error you were getting, @sfred, while trying to enter your Insurance information after entering the Emergency contact details. Perhaps it provides some background into whatever bug is causing the process to think a previously valid state in the Emergency contact details is later considered to be invalid. But from what you have described, I'm doubtful you will be able to get both the Insurance and Emergency contact details sections to play well together in your version of My Cunard. Best of luck with any further experimentation though.

Oh by the way, the "Relationship to you" field in the data base behind the scenes is apparently not long enough to store "SISTER-IN-LAW". All I ended up with in the end was "SISTER-I". I think I ran into that on earlier voyages as well.

Interesting, thanks @bluemarble.  Looks like there is some secret perfect combination of keystrokes that open the magic doors of MyCunard.

Unfortunately, as you point out, there isn't a way to re-enter the Emergency contact fields from the Insurance section.  When attempted as the first step, the Emergency Contact section was quite happy with my "QLD" postal code in the state field (it didn't like "Queensland" and reported that as an error straight away).  But then when I try to enter the Insurance information as a second step, the infinite spin and Invalid state error code appears. 

Worst of all, reloading the page to get around the infinte spin deletes everything, both Insurance and Emergency Contact, and you have to start all over again.

In the end, I decided (hopefully correctly) that if I had to choose between the two sections, the Insurance information was more important than Emergency Contact.  While the Australia T&Cs (like the US) don't mandate insurance, I would never do the voyage without it. 

Edited by sfred

I've been pinged by Cunard via email in the past telling me there was an issue with my emergency contact details. If you get something similar, @sfred, a call to Cunard customer service to have them enter the details should take care of it. That seems to be the standard approach for those having trouble with entering their details via My Cunard. I imagine your customer service folks are (or will be) getting quite a few calls about this. Since you and @lissie are both highly computer literate and haven't found a work-around for completing everything in your version of My Cunard, I would have to think most everyone else in Australia/New Zealand will be in the same situation if Cunard wants you to supply both that insurance and contact information prior to departure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I've been pinged by Cunard via email in the past telling me there was an issue with my emergency contact details. If you get something similar, @sfred, a call to Cunard customer service to have them enter the details should take care of it. That seems to be the standard approach for those having trouble with entering their details via My Cunard. I imagine your customer service folks are (or will be) getting quite a few calls about this. Since you and @lissie are both highly computer literate and haven't found a work-around for completing everything in your version of My Cunard, I would have to think most everyone else in Australia/New Zealand will be in the same situation if Cunard wants you to supply both that insurance and contact information prior to departure.

I received the reminder email, tried twice to enter the emergency contact, and then I called Cunard. Two more reminders in subsequent months, and each time I checked, the info was all there. My sister-in-law shows as Sister-I, too.

I was just telling a friend that if the people who program the reservation computers programmed the navigation computers on board, the ships would be at the bottom of an ocean!

10 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

...I was just telling a friend that if the people who program the reservation computers programmed the navigation computers on board, the ships would be at the bottom of an ocean!

or in Iowa

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:14 PM, lissie said:

I thought I'd update my  close contact's address details on my cunard. I know it didn't work a few years ago - I guessed it would be fine now. Yeah, nah. 2 different browsers using updated windows machine. 

Tried to check the current price of our booked cruises.  Nothing - no cruises available to any destination  on en-au version  of the website. 

I have a background of 10 years in developing websites for clients - I'd be embarassed if cunard.com was one of mine! 

I agree. It is a bit of a mess. 

One of my issues with the Cunard website is that it has not been figured to accept promotional/discounts codes, which many other retail and travel websites manage with ease. That forces more calls into what appears to be an already (very) overstretched call centre. 

Here's a bit of a head scratcher. While researching the situation we've been discussing on the "QV Guarantees Only" thread, I've noticed it doesn't look like it's possible to complete a booking on the Cunard website (assuming we'd want to use it for some reason) for any of the 2024 "guarantee only" voyages.

This is for the "Fort Lauderdale To Sydney, 41 Nights (V405A)" voyage which is one of the newly announced 2024 voyages which is currently only accepting guarantee bookings for any cabin category throughout the ship. Here's what I'm seeing after I've selected a cabin category and am ready to check out.

1909707139_Cunardbookingimportantinformationmissing.thumb.png.c2222974d052085286292278d3f787d5.png

I'm getting the error message "Please acknowledge that you have read and understood important information regarding your voyage. This is required in order to continue." The only problem is there is none of the usual important information to read and no check box to click to allow the booking to continue.

I've tried a couple other 2024 "guarantee only" voyages and am seeing the same pattern on the Cunard website for those as well. I'm not seeing this error on the newly announced 2024 voyages where cabins have been assigned to allow the selection of specific cabins.

Another edge case the web site developers have forgotten about, but fortunately not a significant one.  I have started being 'encouraged' to book a shore excursion on a future trip.  However, this is on a scenic cruise which does not dock anywhere.

Edited by WestonOne
Removed accidental image
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

One that has irritated me for a few weeks and then again this morning.  Go to the home page and follow the links about Guest speakers and select all speakers.

It shows 1 of 6 pages.   Click next and you get to 2 of 6.  Click again: 2 of 6.  Click as much as you like: pages 3 to 6 do not show.  In fact, they may not exist and it is the '6' that is wrong.  Who can tell?

Edited by WestonOne
  • Haha 1

I'm annoyed at having to enter a booking number to access My.Cunard every d*** time.  I don't remember them and have to look them up.  And then I repeat the process for a second booking.  Clunky.

Also, on one of our upcoming cruises, an excursion links to an error message and a request to set cookies.  

• Like 1

Thank goodness it’s not just me!  I did not have an online account for previous cruises but tried to create one for the current booking.  The computer said my member number was invalid and it should have two letters as well as numbers! Huh?  My member number, as printed and confirmed on my booking, is all numbers.  There is no problem just browsing the Cunard website itself.

I have emailed Cunard three times. Received an acknowledgment of receipt from the UK, but no actual reply.

26 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Thank goodness it’s not just me!  I did not have an online account for previous cruises but tried to create one for the current booking.  The computer said my member number was invalid and it should have two letters as well as numbers! Huh?  My member number, as printed and confirmed on my booking, is all numbers.  There is no problem just browsing the Cunard website itself.

I have emailed Cunard three times. Received an acknowledgment of receipt from the UK, but no actual reply.

Interesting. Does Cunard Australia have the functionality to create an online account? The UK definitely does via the "Login | Register" link on the Cunard UK website. The US definitely does not have that functionality. Since I'm not seeing a "Login | Register" link on the Cunard Australia website, I figured that functionality did not exist for Australia either.

I'm probably not looking in the right place though. Could you point me to the page on "cunard.com/en-au" where you are trying to create an online account? On the Cunard UK website, it's called "My Account", and the page is "www.cunard.com/en-gb/login". That page doesn't exist on the "en-au" site.

10 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Interesting. Does Cunard Australia have the functionality to create an online account? The UK definitely does via the "Login | Register" link on the Cunard UK website. The US definitely does not have that functionality. Since I'm not seeing a "Login | Register" link on the Cunard Australia website, I figured that functionality did not exist for Australia either.

I'm probably not looking in the right place though. Could you point me to the page on "cunard.com/en-au" where you are trying to create an online account? On the Cunard UK website, it's called "My Account", and the page is "www.cunard.com/en-gb/login". That page doesn't exist on the "en-au" site.

Perhaps that’s the very reason I could not create an account. Thank you for the information. I was definitely on the Australian site and there were the options to “log in” or “creat an account”. Showing the options doesn’t mean it works, though, if you are correct that it’s not actually available.

Nevertheless, Cunard UK World Voyager department should have answered my email.

1 minute ago, Port Power said:

Perhaps that’s the very reason I could not create an account. Thank you for the information. I was definitely on the Australian site and there were the options to “log in” or “creat an account”. Showing the options doesn’t mean it works, though, if you are correct that it’s not actually available.

Nevertheless, Cunard UK World Voyager department should have answered my email.

Well, if those "login" and "create an account" options exist on the Cunard Australia site, then they ought to work. I wonder why I'm not seeing them when I VPN over to Australia and poke around there. Can you give me a hint as to where you found those options on the Cunard Australia site? I don't want to make the assumption that functionality doesn't work for Australia just because I'm not seeing it.

Perhaps some of our other regulars from Australia/New Zealand such as @roscoe39, @sfred and @lissie can let us know if they have been able to set up a "My Account" login for Cunard.

7 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Well, if those "login" and "create an account" options exist on the Cunard Australia site, then they ought to work. I wonder why I'm not seeing them when I VPN over to Australia and poke around there. Can you give me a hint as to where you found those options on the Cunard Australia site? I don't want to make the assumption that functionality doesn't work for Australia just because I'm not seeing it.

Perhaps some of our other regulars from Australia/New Zealand such as @roscoe39, @sfred and @lissie can let us know if they have been able to set up a "My Account" login for Cunard.

It came up when I wanted to manage my booking.  I’m at work tomorrow, so will try and retrace my steps on the desk top computer tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

58 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Hi @Port Power.  As you've found, the Australia site does not yet have the functionality for an online Cunard account.  There are a few incorrect links scattered on various Australia pages which take you to the UK Login/Register page.  One link is somewhere in the Manage my Booking process.  Another link used to be on the World Club benefits page, but I think that one is gone now.  However you might get to the UK login page, once there there's nothing that Aussies can do because the page does not recognise Australia World Club numbers, which are all numbers (no letters).  It also used to want a UK format post code.

Perhaps one day this functionality will be added to the Australia (and US) sites.  *sigh* 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Given the scale of problems others are having, this is a trivial problem, but still....

I am invited to download tickets and so on 'from 21 days before embarkation.   At the top of one of my bookings, it says it is 21 days to departure.  Can I download tickets?  Of course not!

I imagine either at some time today I will be able to - perhaps due to time zone issues - or there is what is known as an 'off by one' error and I will only be able to do so tomorrow (or perhaps both problems)  so I expect to be able to do so in the next few days.  But, really, is a consistent definition of what '21 days' means that hard?

Edited by WestonOne
  • Like 1

Here's another website problem. I booked a cruise on Queen Anne the first day it was possible (the World Club day). I went into my account to look at the itinerary. I noticed that instead of the cabin number I chose, it says "Your cabin will be allocated closer to sailing" or something like this. My first response to this cannot be posted here. 

So I emailed my TA. Her first reply also cannot be posted here. Her later reply said that the part of the site she can access shows my correct cabin number. I suspect their idiot IT people just put in placeholder copy on all QA reservations because things were moving so quickly. But they need to go back and update the records.

25 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Here's another website problem. I booked a cruise on Queen Anne the first day it was possible (the World Club day). I went into my account to look at the itinerary. I noticed that instead of the cabin number I chose, it says "Your cabin will be allocated closer to sailing" or something like this. My first response to this cannot be posted here. 

So I emailed my TA. Her first reply also cannot be posted here. Her later reply said that the part of the site she can access shows my correct cabin number. I suspect their idiot IT people just put in placeholder copy on all QA reservations because things were moving so quickly. But they need to go back and update the records.

This might be a new anomaly for the Cunard site.  Yesterday I found the same thing for my QE cruise for next January. However, after digging down through the "Manage my booking/My Cunard" site I found the correct stateroom number listed in "Before you sail > Life on Board".