COVID Results

Intent2smile

Just thought I would share my experience in hopes of helping someone else.

Hubby and I did our COVID test on April 29th for our May 1 cruise at Walgreens.  I was a little disappointed because Walgreens did not ask for any form of ID to prove who we were.  They did not even ask our DOB.

We did the test at 10 am by 10:20 hubby had his results.  I waited until 12pm and went back to Walgreens to check why I had not received the results.  Turns out my test came back invalid.  They reran the test and within 10 minutes I had the negative result.

We had several people that we talked to on our cruise that the same thing happened. I spoke to Walgreens and they stated they do not automatically rerun the invalid results.

So if you do not get your NAAT rapid results try calling and seeing if that is the issue.

• Like 1

This is good to know because it would not occur to me that they would just sit on an invalid test.  Thanks for the heads up.  

No ID and DOB seems very strange.   All of the tests I've had done had my DOB and identifying info.  However,  I've not had a rapid test done by any of the drug store places in the US.  I wonder if this is standard or just sloppiness by that Walgreens.  

Our 3 recent experiences (with a 4th upcoming) at both CVS (who no longer does the rapid antigen test in our area) and Walgreens (who do the rapid NAAT test)  have been very favorable. 

Walgreens, as this is now our "go to" based on the testing offered, has been very professional and quick to respond.  In both company's cases we set our scheduled appointment on line and, along with name, address, and prior vaccinations received, our DOB was also required.  ID was checked at drive through check in. 

We never had a an invalid test situation, so I can't confirm their response to that, but our test results were emailed within an hour.  At least in our experience, the situation as reported by the OP seems non-standard.

• Thanks 1