Anyone recently off Emerald?

AZ Gurl

Anyone out there that was on the sailing returning to Southampton yesterday that can comment on whether you were able to get your return to U.S. Covid tests performed by Princess on board, and whether you had any issues?  I have been following the roll call threads for the first couple of UK sailings and seems like things didn't go all that smoothly for some.  We are on the June 2 sailing and will be in Paris all day on excursion the last day before returning.  Wondering if we need to bring our own proctored self tests to ensure we don't have any hiccups?

Disembarked Emerald yesterday May 9 for flight directly to US.  We were all tested on Sunday, the 8th.  It’s was a sea day and they assigned testing times. Very smooth and easy.  Negative result document was delivered to each cabin in the early evening which allowed for flight checkin.   I had booked flight with EZAir and had a Princess transfer to LHR and all went well.   Those who tested positive were transferred to a hotel near LHR for required quarantine until allowed to fly. 

I was onboard since April 16 and was mostly a great cruise.  Crew wonderful.

Good Luck.  Have Fun.  

On 5/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, tamsno said:

Disembarked Emerald yesterday May 9 for flight directly to US.  We were all tested on Sunday, the 8th.  It’s was a sea day and they assigned testing times. Very smooth and easy.  Negative result document was delivered to each cabin in the early evening which allowed for flight checkin.   I had booked flight with EZAir and had a Princess transfer to LHR and all went well.   Those who tested positive were transferred to a hotel near LHR for required quarantine until allowed to fly. 

I was onboard since April 16 and was mostly a great cruise.  Crew wonderful.

Good Luck.  Have Fun.  

Thank you!  Unfortunately we do not have a sea day our last day and will be on shore all day.  How early in the cruise were you able to select your testing time?

We've been wondering about the same thing. We're on the July 20 sailing. Presumably the current cruise that started May 9 will have a port day in Le Havre. So I think we'll need to wait until May 20 to find out how it's handled. Unless something changes, we're going to bring those proctored self test kits from eMed in case we need to do our own, and hope for good wifi.

45 minutes ago, junglejane said:

We've been wondering about the same thing. We're on the July 20 sailing. Presumably the current cruise that started May 9 will have a port day in Le Havre. So I think we'll need to wait until May 20 to find out how it's handled. Unless something changes, we're going to bring those proctored self test kits from eMed in case we need to do our own, and hope for good wifi.

We are considering the same thing - even if Wifi wasn't good at sea, we could presumably test when we got back to port.

4 hours ago, junglejane said:

Have my Emeds already packed. Don’t trust that the ship will get it done with so many full day excursions being done that last day. Bad enough having to be packed before we leave for excursion because of late return from DDay sites!

We are now on the Emerald. I spoke with the Internet "Officer" and there are no cameras on the computers at the Internet Cafe. However, he suggested bringing the IPhone there and using it for the test. Yes, we are in Le Havre the day before leaving the ship.

• Like 1

I hope no one is planning to rely on the pitiful, pitiful Internet that’s available to passengers on the emerald.

Absolutely the worst Internet at sea!!

We were on the recently completed TA and swing around the UK so I speak with some authority on the subject. 

I hope you can find reliable wifi/cellular in La Havre. 

• Like 1

I recently got off the Regal in Rome. Our last day was Livorno. Everyone was off the ship all day. To provide the pre-fly Covid test P had the room stewards in the hall at 6:30 am to 8am. The steward handed handed me the swab and swabbed my nose. He put the swab in a container and took. Documentation of test result was in cabin by dinner. P had a good system on the Regal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, patrickmoran said:

I recently got off the Regal in Rome. Our last day was Livorno. Everyone was off the ship all day. To provide the pre-fly Covid test P had the room stewards in the hall at 6:30 am to 8am. The steward handed handed me the swab and swabbed my nose. He put the swab in a container and took. Documentation of test result was in cabin by dinner. P had a good system on the Regal.

That sounds encouraging. Did they give you a paper result or was it by email?

On 5/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, patrickmoran said:

Thank you so much Patrick! Your statement will be used as "evidence" that a Princess ship actually can have its act together and do right by its paying customers. We really appreciate you posting this!