CHECK IN PHOTO

I check in on Saturday. Does the photo I take/download have to match my passport photo? 

They made me take my glasses off for passport photo.  i wear them unless i am sleeping. ( sometimes even then 🤣)

If it has to match will I have to take my glasses off every time I get back on ship?

TIA

It doesn’t even have to resemble you.

They will take another picture at the port if they aren’t happy with it. Ours were all ok, but she said she would take another one anyway. Next time I’m not going to spend any time over it and just take a quick picture.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Next time I’m not going to spend any time over it and just take a quick picture.

Me too!    I spent so much time getting perfect pictures and then they did not use them.

• Like 1

I've been on 4 cruises since they started having you upload a photo.  Used the same photo each time - they've accepted it for 2 cruises, retook it for the other 2.  Don't worry about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drumming cruisers said:

I check in on Saturday. Does the photo I take/download have to match my passport photo? 

They made me take my glasses off for passport photo.  i wear them unless i am sleeping. ( sometimes even then 🤣)

If it has to match will I have to take my glasses off every time I get back on ship?

TIA

Don't fret over the picture. It doesn't show on your ship/cabin card. It is embedded electronically. Only areas of the ship that are card-reader capable can see your picture, such as security when getting on or off the ship.

• Like 1

Hubby is blind without his glasses. Sometimes they made him take them off when boarding. It's just a quick 2 seconds of standing still, then you can put them back on. His photos were with the glasses on, so not sure why they made him take them off sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Hubby is blind without his glasses. Sometimes they made him take them off when boarding. It's just a quick 2 seconds of standing still, then you can put them back on. His photos were with the glasses on, so not sure why they made him take them off sometimes.

Same here. I wear Transitions? that automatically adjust to the sunlight, or lack of. After coming in out of the Bermuda sun, the lenses are always dark, so the camera can't see your baby blues. Majority of the time , I have to remove them. I also wear a hat, which I always have to take off. They don't want any contraband, like a coca-cola, making it onto the ship!!

• Haha 1

Despite uploading photos, they took fresh ones at the pier (Nov 2021, Miami).

Could be upgrading their facial recognition technology, or passport approval process?

A scan of your passport might be impacted by the holographic film over the information page?   My new-this-year passport came with the photo/information on a thick plastic card/page, instead of just printed on the paper.

the whole idea of uploading the photo is to reduce check-in time... they're only supposed to replace your uploaded photo if it is poorly lit or has more than one person in it or doesn't look like you or doesn't have any person in it at all.

don't sweat the photo uploading... they will take your photo on embarkation day, if need be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1