Seattle Pier 91 to airport.....flat rate for uber or taxi?

Seattle has a flat rate from downtown hotel zone to airport of $40.  There is no flat rate from pier 91 unless you book with one of the flat rate non metered cabs mentioned above.  You might have encountered some gypsy cab drivers offering a flat rate but those are not always legit taxis.  Uber rates have gone up substantially during covid due to a shortage of drivers and Seattle Guaranteeing uber and lyft drivers a min wage of $17 per hr making sometimes a cab more competitive.

1 hour ago, Dan G said:

Seattle has a flat rate from downtown hotel zone to airport of $40.  There is no flat rate from pier 91 unless you book with one of the flat rate non metered cabs mentioned above.  You might have encountered some gypsy cab drivers offering a flat rate but those are not always legit taxis.  Uber rates have gone up substantially during covid due to a shortage of drivers and Seattle Guaranteeing uber and lyft drivers a min wage of $17 per hr making sometimes a cab more competitive.

There has definitely been a flat rate from Pier 91 to the airport for many years prior to Covid. It was $48 in 2019. There was signage announcing the policy outside the Terminal at the time.

Thank you all for your help!!

We decided on Premier Airport Shuttle to get us from pier to the airport the morning we disembark. 

But now we are looking at best way to get from our hotel in downtown Seattle to Pier 91. Thinking Uber but worried about people in luggage. Will need to take several for our party of 13.

see what premier would charge you.  Normally its such a short distance uber works but if you need 4 or 5 larger ubers one shuttle is likelier easier and probably about the same cost.

31 minutes ago, waykaylincruz said:

But now we are looking at best way to get from our hotel in downtown Seattle to Pier 91. Thinking Uber but worried about people in luggage. Will need to take several for our party of 13.

Hi @waykaylincruz, Fridays are the busiest days at Pier 91 with the Ovation and the Celebrity Solstice both in port.  I can't stress enough to you to arrive at Pier 91 prepared with everyone having easy access to their own travel documents, as well as the mandatory ArriveCan app completed and the QR code either on a phone, or printed out.  

Since your party is so large, I would suggest that if you need to travel separately, that you divide up by family units and/or by staterooms (especially since the youngest in your party is 20 yrs old - and I am guessing that that person is sharing a room with a family member over the age of 21).  Not sure if the 89 yr old will have his/her own wheelchair or walker, but be prepared that there may be a wait for a wheelchair (if needed) due to a lengthy check-in line.  Rather than keeping everyone together, the fastest and kindest thing to do is to let smaller family units go ahead into the embarkation process and meet up later on the ship, but remember that they all will need their individual paperwork for boarding.

Again, I can't stress the importance of double checking all travel documents (passports or gov't issued birth certificates w/photo ID) before leaving home.  Also, you can attach your cruise line luggage tags to the luggage while still at the hotel the morning of the cruise.   That way the porters can take it when you arrive at Pier 91.  Having vaccination cards and a copy of the negative covid test results with each individual person is important as well.  If one person in each family group has the ArriveCan QR code on their phone for other family members, then that group will need to enter the building together, as everyone needs to show that they are successfully. registered with ArriveCan.

It will be a process to get all 13 through the embarkation procedure.   If you find that it is easier (and faster to split up, you can either regroup in a waiting area past check-in on the 2nd floor of Pier 91, or regroup on the ship.

I hope you have an amazing family cruise!  Good luck.

• Like 2

Ok so I stand corrected.  I called Yellow Cab the largest taxi operator around and they do offer a $45 flat rate from Pier 91 to Seatac.  While its outside the $40 zone its a very good deal compared with other options.  I would expect that other cabs also match this rate but ask before.

https://seattleyellowcab.com/rates/

shows the standard flat rate zone which would include pier 66 for $40

22 hours ago, Dan G said:

Ok so I stand corrected.  I called Yellow Cab the largest taxi operator around and they do offer a $45 flat rate from Pier 91 to Seatac.  While its outside the $40 zone its a very good deal compared with other options.  I would expect that other cabs also match this rate but ask before.

https://seattleyellowcab.com/rates/

shows the standard flat rate zone which would include pier 66 for $40

So we are arriving the day before our cruise and staying at the Marriot Waterfront, across the street from Pier 66, is it cheaper for us to get a yellow taxi and take it to Pier 66 vs an Uber XL or Lyft to the hotel? There will be 4 of us 

15 minutes ago, Reds4life said:

Looking for suggestions on the cheapest way to get from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac. Not interested in buses or much walking since my 81 yr old mother will be with us. TIA

How many people total? There are shuttle services mentioned here, taxi, Uber, ship's transfers, all mentioned here and on a couple other threads on this board. 

3 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

So we are arriving the day before our cruise and staying at the Marriot Waterfront, across the street from Pier 66, is it cheaper for us to get a yellow taxi and take it to Pier 66 vs an Uber XL or Lyft to the hotel? There will be 4 of us 

If you are staying at the Marriot Waterfront and sailing from Pier 66, you can easily walk to the pier.

13 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

We took an UberX from Sea-Tac to our hotel around the Space Needle 2 weeks ago. It cost us almost $70 plus tip but I'm sure an XL would be more. We heard later that a taxi would have been half that but I'm not sure about that. There was 2 of us but I hope that gives you some reference.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reds4life said:

Looking for suggestions on the cheapest way to get from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac. Not interested in buses or much walking since my 81 yr old mother will be with us. TIA

When we debarked last week, there were taxis and vans lined up when coming out of the terminal and someone directing the traffic flow. We were directed to a van and paid $20 each. We did self assist so it was early but it was a fairly quick process.

18 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

How many people total? There are shuttle services mentioned here, taxi, Uber, ship's transfers, all mentioned here and on a couple other threads on this board. 

5 people total. Sorry I did not include that

How much would it be for a taxi from Pier 91 to SeaTac? Is it per person or total? We will have 5 and I am not sure about fitting everyone in a standard taxi. I absolutely have no problem driving a rental car as well but it appears that you almost either walk 1.5 to 2 miles to a rental car office or end up taking a taxi or Uber anyway

56 minutes ago, Reds4life said:

How much would it be for a taxi from Pier 91 to SeaTac? Is it per person or total? We will have 5 and I am not sure about fitting everyone in a standard taxi. I absolutely have no problem driving a rental car as well but it appears that you almost either walk 1.5 to 2 miles to a rental car office or end up taking a taxi or Uber anyway

As discussed above, there is a flat rate for taxis from Pier 91 to SeaTac. I haven't heard this year's rate, but it should be around $50. That is FOR THE TAXI, not per person. You would definitely need a van taxi, there will be some there.

42 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

As discussed above, there is a flat rate for taxis from Pier 91 to SeaTac. I haven't heard this year's rate, but it should be around $50. That is FOR THE TAXI, not per person. You would definitely need a van taxi, there will be some there.

Are van taxis more expensive?  I wasn't clear on the flat rate definition. Some of the websites were vague and I was hoping for clarification. Thanks for the information!

10 minutes ago, Reds4life said:

Are van taxis more expensive?  I wasn't clear on the flat rate definition. Some of the websites were vague and I was hoping for clarification. Thanks for the information!

No. The van taxi should be the same rate.