All of a sudden not seeing available excursions on mysilversea or silversea website for our cruise

bobolz

Although I will call SS tomorrow, not sure I’ll get an answer immediately, but for those who have booked cruises with SS, have you ever had  the ‘Ashore’  option missing on your booking after it had been displayed earlier? I also checked their website to see if I were  conducting  a brand new search on that particular cruise ( it is still showing as an available cruise) and I was unable to display the available included and optional excursions for each port. However, I did a random check of other available cruises and every one ( including the cruise right before and right after our scheduled cruise) displayed all available excursions by port. Even a similar itinerary in 2023 displayed them . I was just curious if anyone else experienced this in the past and what ended up happening? Was it just SS working on making changes to available excursions for that itinerary, or was this a sign that it could be cancelled. We are within the 180- 210 day window for making reservations for the shore excursions and I know they displayed earlier when I checked. 

thanks for any response

Edited by bobolz

It would be comforting to say that this is only a computer glitch - and I hope it is - but I'm sorry to say that when this happened to me during the pre-restart period, it meant the cruise was going to be cancelled.  In your case, since the voyages before and after yours seem to be fine, it might also indicate that this voyage is going to be re-purposed as a charter. SS has used the Spirit previously as its charter and convention venue, and in particular used it for Saudi-exclusive charters in 2021.  

The fact that it still shows as available on the "find a cruise" function on the website is not reliable; everyone on the boards will tell you that cruises will show as available to book after decision has already been made to do something else with them.  

Also, last fall I was supposed to cruise from Athens to Dubai on the Moon and from thence it was supposed to go to India and east.  It did not.  Since the Indian and other eastern ports were either covid-closed or questionable, SS ditched the Suez transit and kept the ship in  the Med for the TA to the Caribbean.

thanks Dawn for your quick feedback. I think your assessment makes a lot of sense. This cruise is advertised as a World Cup cruise and we were supposed to stay in Doha for 3 days, but wondering if FIFA has chartered this cruise for potential hotel accommodations for the event. I believe  that MSC may have some ships being used as accommodations  . 

I contacted SS to see what the status is, But wondering if this was a charter would they still be advertising this as a cruise for non World Cup guests? Has anyone ever been on a chartered cruise as an independent traveler? 

8 hours ago, bobolz said:

Has anyone ever been on a chartered cruise as an independent traveler?

Many people in this forum have.  In general, most would not recommend such a voyage as an independent passenger.

I imagine a simple search of this forum using the word “charter” would provide quite a wide perspective for you.

Thanks Stumble and Mayflower 

so what you are saying is this cruise could still sail and they still allow independent guests, but another group essentially takes priority ? Mayflower- so  this has happened to you, were you notified in advance it was a charter or did you find out after you boarded? I’m hoping if I asked them directly that they would be forthcoming and confirm  whether it was a charter or not. 

I’ll wait to hear back from them. Luckily I have time. To make a decision 

thanks again 

i

Any updates?

It's simply unacceptable in my mind for any cruise line to advertise and sell a cruise and then sell out what you booked in good faith to a higher bidder.

Virgin recently did this. Guests were given a full refund, plus an enhanced FCC to book another cruise.

I suspect SS will do the same if it proves to be the case! 😂

I was referring to Dec 8 Dubai to Mumbai on the Spirit. We are group of 7 couples booked on this cruise which I referred them to. I really hope SS doesn't change orcancel iit. If they do I'm pretty sure none of us will ever sail on SS.

I understand that the corrections to MySS has been corrected, but as AK states that our cruise ( Dubai to Mumbai) still does not have the excursions reinstated. The only excursions that show are the 2 out of the 3 days in Doha for the World Cup.ticket package. All the other ports are displaying in our itinerary, but the excursions are gone. 

i still have not heard back from SS (left a msg on Monday although I said no rush to respond since we still have time) as to whether this cruise is either a partial charter or will be cancelled because it will be a full charter for the World Cup. Since it was marketed as a “World Cup” cruise, I’m wondering if it always was destined to be one.

I’ll call again this week, but I’m not sure they will be able  to tell us until a final decision is made. 

Good Morning Bobolz - When it happened to us we received no prior warning. The worst instance is that  we ' Suffered ' a MoPar Incentive Group of say 100 ( about a third of the Guests ) and it was Hell on Earth. Drinking in excess around the Pool from early morning to late at night - Bread Rolls being chucked around the Main Dining Room etc !!!. The Officers seemed powerless to affect any meaningful change in behaviour for what I recall was 7 - 10 days.

We made suitable representations both on Ship and on Shore ( on our return ) and did receive some compensation.

To put it in context these are rare situations and the above is an extreme - Other times the Groups have been smaller but nevertheless any Group of say 50 or more does change the dynamics especially if Venues are closed off and those ' Guests ' are intent of getting every last drop out of their Freebie.

I personally believe that Partial Charters should be either abolished or Full Paying Guests should receive well advanced warning.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Anyone has an update on this?

AK I finally was able to speak to my SS agent and he could not tell me much , as I suspected, since nothing has been officially communicated to them regarding this particular cruise. He could only say after talking to another colleague, it could possibly be an itinerary change when excursions are missing from MySS and the website, but again he was not confirming that. I believe I saw on FB Silverseas passenger’s page a similar comment, possible changes to itinerary and when they know more they would update the website. Again nothing specific and since I decided to change this cruise due to multiple factors , and rebooked another cruise for next year , so I didn’t press the issue. 

Hopefully it’s simply an itinerary change and the cruise will go as scheduled, with some minor adjustments, but you should contact your agent directly since you are still planning on taking this cruise, if you are concerned. 

good luck and I hope it all gets sorted out and cruise goes as scheduled and is not a partial charter as some here in CC have stated it could be based  on their personal experience..

Edited by bobolz
  • Thanks 1

I checked few other cruises on SS website and none of them shows now excursions in the port description. I checked at least 10 cruises sailing in Oct-Dec.2022. I'm pretty sure that most cruises showed the excursions previously. I'm referring to SS website, not MySilversea. 

Do others see the same thing? 

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

I checked few other cruises on SS website and none of them shows now excursions in the port description. I checked at least 10 cruises sailing in Oct-Dec.2022. I'm pretty sure that most cruises showed the excursions previously. I'm referring to SS website, not MySilversea. 

Do others see the same thing? 

I noticed the same thing last night; I did another quick spot check today of random cruises -- still no excursions even for cruises in 2023.  My guess it's part of some kind of system update.

Edited by mchell810