Breakaway Kids Club open for our cruise?

So we just booked our cruise yesterday, and in reading through reviews, we are panicking in seeing some say that the "Splash Academy" is closed now due to COVID.  Our NCL agent did not mention anything about that to us at booking, even though we specifically asked about the kids club and activities...Are they open now?  Our cruise is in August, do you think we can expect it to be open for our kids by then?

I leave on my cruise on Saturday on the Bliss.  I was told by someone in a facebook group that she just dropped her kids off at Splash Academy on the Bliss. I called NCL and they said nope.  I am wondering who is lying lol  I booked this cruise with 3 grandkids becAUSE of Splash Academy (it's just so much fun for them)  and I'm pretty anxious to see if it happens.  NCL actually said it's supposed to start back up June 1st. we'll see

My NCL cruise consultant said that Splash Academy on the Breakaway will be in in full swing June 1st.  However, others on CC and Facebook said you can't rely on what shore staff says because it may be different from the ship reality.  We have our fingers crossed that there will be Splash Academy for our 5 grandkids on our June 5th cruise.  They are so looking forward to it.  

On 5/15/2022 at 10:29 PM, www3traveler said:

Splash is open on some ships now, however it is open for only a few hours in the evening and the child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.  NO Drop Off as of yet.

So this is not the Splash Academy. It is just "another play area". 

I am going on the Breakaway June 26 and would have never booked this cruise if I knew the kids club was closed. We just sailed on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean over the last two months and both kids clubs were open and staffed. Anyone have any info? I am freaking out!

I’ve been following this topic because I’m sailing in July and my 2 sons love Splash Academy! 

It appears that the site has been updated as it now shows that “NOTE: Splash Academy drop off services are currently unavailable aboard Pride of America, Norwegian Star and Norwegian Pearl. We will however continue to offer daily activities for youth and families onboard.”

It also shows Late Night Fun Zone, which I believe was previously removed.  

Planning a romantic dinner for two? Leave the kiddies in safe hands any day of the week at Late Night Fun Zone. Small fee applies.

Hours: 10:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m. If no children are registered or dropped off by 11:30 p.m., the center will close for the evening. It is recommended that children be signed up by 8:00 p.m. the day prior.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/family-cruises/youth-programs

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, starlight50 said:

Hi everyone, we have just booked to go on the Norwegian Sun this December but the kids club has been closed due to Covid,  does anyone know if the kids club for 3 years & up is open or will be opening soon? 

Looking into the crystal ball, let’s just say “yes, it will be open”. They are opening on ships. 

This was the program on the Breakaway for our grandkids last week. 

63944A57-7065-4EFE-97DC-C344B03317C1.thumb.jpeg.85a4f82a3141f6e008e5f8b3441c34a8.jpeg3AD0A5A3-BBE3-4DB6-AA39-4990844A7B56.thumb.jpeg.38fd394c9088f7432d9f64a1c744c015.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels