Is this the ship for us ??

Jonesy333

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

My partner and I are considering a Cruise from Barcelona back to Barcelona next May 2023 can anyone tell me if there are a lot of children on this ship ??

I can see there is a lot of attractions for them but we are early 60s and don't want to feel we are on the incorrect ship ?

Any info would be great , thank you 

1 hour ago, Jonesy333 said:

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

My partner and I are considering a Cruise from Barcelona back to Barcelona next May 2023 can anyone tell me if there are a lot of children on this ship ?

How can anyone really predict how many children are on a ship sailing a year from now? Why not cruise to these ports with Celebrity, Princess. Or Holland which are known to have less children overall aboard? Any ship that has kids activities will attract families with children. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonesy333 said:

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

My partner and I are considering a Cruise from Barcelona back to Barcelona next May 2023 can anyone tell me if there are a lot of children on this ship ??

I can see there is a lot of attractions for them but we are early 60s and don't want to feel we are on the incorrect ship ?

Any info would be great , thank you 

I assume this is on Epic.

You should be just fine, considering you are traveling in May. The ship also have an adult only area (Spice H2O) where children is not allowed.

5 minutes ago, z4oslo said:

I assume this is on Epic.

You should be just fine, considering you are traveling in May. The ship also have an adult only area (Spice H2O) where children is not allowed.

At the end of May there is a weeks school holiday in the UK. We went on the Epic that week a few times when our son was younger and there were plenty of kids onboard.

Thank you for everyones help.

I've booked on NCL Prima from NY to Southampton next May as it ticks off a few Bucket list destinations ( actually a lot especially for my partner) on a new ship so we are  excited .

11 hours ago, Jonesy333 said:

I've booked on NCL Prima from NY to Southampton next May as it ticks off a few Bucket list destinations ( actually a lot especially for my partner) on a new ship so we are  excited .

Well done, excellent choice!

14 hours ago, Jonesy333 said:

Good choice.  In my experience, transatlantic cruises tend to have few children aboard.

I did the Getaway in the Baltics in early June, and there weren't many children, just because schools were still going. The problems I had were with foreign passengers, since the ship seemed to be full of very loud people from Spain, Israel, China, and elsewhere, who didn't have indoor voices, ate and stayed up late, and didn't always respect lines or announcements and things, and Germans always moved deck chairs to block an outside walking path so they could get more sun. I've been to 35 countries and lived overseas, so I enjoy different cultures and try to appreciate and understand cultural differences, but I just found it challenging at times on a large, full cruise ship, especially after being on so many cruises out of the US where foreign passengers are in the minority. So you might find other things to enjoy you instead of kids, but fortunately the Mediterranean trips are all port-intensive, so there aren't many sea days.