Upgrade to Suite Guarantee

Right now we’re booked on a 7-day Greek Isles on Brilliance October 2023 in an “obstructed” but not really obstructed balcony. For $880 more total I can upgrade to a suite guarantee which is a little high for 7 days but it includes $550 OBC. Knowing that this will probably be a JS, and having never booked a guarantee before so bear with me, I was wondering 1) if suite guarantee are still double points, 2) how far out are the cabin assignments, 3) can you change to another cabin after assignment if say you’d rather be on the port side or whatever, 4) can you Royal Up after your assignment and 5) can you do a paid upgrade after assignment?

Yes lots of questions, I know. This is why I never book guarantees 😂

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That varies quite a bit but don’t expect it this year. All the others are yes assuming you book US rules. 

Thanks….  I wasn’t expecting this year, but guessing usually after final payment?

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

Thanks….  I wasn’t expecting this year, but guessing usually after final payment?

It could be before then, just don’t expect it. A GTY for a sailing that far away is somewhat unusual already. 

• Like 1

Just booked the Wonder for early next year, was going to grab an OS, but as of this morning the last one went *poof*.

I didn't want to "move up" to the next level, as it was another $4k ! So, I opted for a GS Guarantee (would not have wanted a JS). I was surprised to see the $550 OBC pop up - is that a current suite guarantee perk?

Who knows, perhaps we'll get lucky and end up in an OS anyway --- how are the odds typically with Royal for a guarantee?  (I've NEVER opted for a guarantee with any line - but since all the GS cabins on the Wonder are in the suite area, it seemed a reasonable enough risk)

Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Who knows, perhaps we'll get lucky and end up in an OS anyway --- how are the odds typically with Royal for a guarantee? 

The great majority of the time you get the cabin the GTY category.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I didn't want to "move up" to the next level, as it was another $4k ! So, I opted for a GS Guarantee (would not have wanted a JS). I was surprised to see the $550 OBC pop up - is that a current suite guarantee perk?

I don't know how long that $550 promotion for suites is on for, and for what sailings.  It just turned up yesterday.

Do all ships let you book a GTY for specific categories of suites? I am not seeing it on Brilliance.

I would upgrade to a suite- as long as it doesn't include a Junior Suite.  The Junior suite doesn't get the same amenities as a grand suite and above- It is just a larger nicer cabin-  But we like the Suite lounge and all access to Coastal kitchen-you only get Dinner on an available basis to the CK in a Junior suite.

However, it seems inexpensive with a nice on board credit-  So perhaps a good deal

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

I would upgrade to a suite- as long as it doesn't include a Junior Suite.  The Junior suite doesn't get the same amenities as a grand suite and above- It is just a larger nicer cabin-  But we like the Suite lounge and all access to Coastal kitchen-you only get Dinner on an available basis to the CK in a Junior suite.

Yes, with the suite lounge (we'll hang out in there for at least an hour each evening) we can skip the beverage package - having also the Diamond drink vouchers to utilize elsewhere on the ship.

Tom

8 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

However, it seems inexpensive with a nice on board credit-  So perhaps a good deal

Unfortunately on Brilliance there is no CK, so I have to decide whether $880 (or $330 when factoring in the OBC) is worth upgrading to GTY from a not-really-obstructed cabin with a somewhat larger balcony.  Probably not since the only benefit will a larger room with a tub and walk-in closet.   The balcony on a JS will probably be smaller than what we have now and won't fit two loungers.

4 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Unfortunately on Brilliance there is no CK, so I have to decide whether $880 (or $330 when factoring in the OBC) is worth upgrading to GTY from a not-really-obstructed cabin with a somewhat larger balcony.  Probably not since the only benefit will a larger room with a tub and walk-in closet.   The balcony on a JS will probably be smaller than what we have now and won't fit two loungers.

IMO the much more comfortable room a real plus.  Currently, I am in a superior balcony on the Adventure, and trying to move up to a Jr. Suite or higher- no credit for me-  However the cabin/suite is so much bigger- we really don't care if the balcony might be smaller. But that is a personal choice-  Enjoy your cruise-  

Just now, Cruise a holic said:

IMO the much more comfortable room a real plus.  Currently, I am in a superior balcony on the Adventure, and trying to move up to a Jr. Suite or higher- no credit for me-  However the cabin/suite is so much bigger- we really don't care if the balcony might be smaller. But that is a personal choice-  Enjoy your cruise-  

Have you tried it as an original booking to get the credit? Sometimes it only works that way.

I hope you enjoy your cruise too!

2 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Have you tried it as an original booking to get the credit? Sometimes it only works that way.

I hope you enjoy your cruise too!

We transferred the booking to a TA.  Got a really good price.  40% cheaper then now- also cruise next week.  We did get some credit from our credit card.  Just a little concerned as the covid levels in our state- and NJ have doubled in a few weeks- the good news is that hospital admissions have not increased.  We are fully vaccinated and boosted.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Do a mock booking without inputting your C&A #... that's how I was able to see the OBC.

10 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

What sailings does the OBC apply to with the Suite Guarantee?

(EX: 2022 sailings, only summer 2022 sailings, through 2023?). Is there a promo code?

thanks! 

The name of the sale is the WOW Sale and it applies to sailings 6 nights or more.... inside and ocean view $25 OBC, balconies are $50 OBC and suites are $275 OBC.

ETA: I can't find a sailing date limitation but I know it isn't for all because my October 2022 on Anthem isn't showing it when I try to refare.

Edited by vjmatty
Added info

22 minutes ago, Nabalab said:

Do a mock booking without inputting your C&A #... that's how I was able to see the OBC.

Tried- however no JR suites available- the only suite which is almost $8000 for five nights is an owners suite-  That is much too much IMO.  I will wait to see if I win a Royal up bid.  People might decide not to go at the last minute due to multiple reasons-

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The T&C says the OBC is only for new bookings so more than likely they wouldn’t give it to you for an upgrade. 

I noticed that, but the OBC is showing up when I click to upgrade to suite GTY so who knows?

• Like 1