Voom, Internet, Wi Fi, etc.

1 hour ago, ATG said:

I have a question about the packages.  For my 9 day Canada and New England cruise the current sale has the following-

surf & stream

1 person             $179.91

2 people              $359.82

1 person & 2 devices.      $278.91

Is there a reason not to buy the third option for my son & me?  I assume we will have only one username and password, but can use 2 devices at the same time.  Why would I pay an extra $80 for a separate username and password?

Buy option #3.  It's what we do all the time.  When we travelled with DD and her husband the kids I bought 1 person 4 devices and they used two devices. The best value is doing that way.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, renza said:

Yes we always just purchase one device and share. 

It's been awhile, this is what I ordered for the two of us, just one device and share - does this mean when I'm done using it on my phone, she can get on hers and use the same package? How would they know if we did that?

11 minutes ago, johnjen said:

It's been awhile, this is what I ordered for the two of us, just one device and share - does this mean when I'm done using it on my phone, she can get on hers and use the same package? How would they know if we did that?

Yes, when you are done on your device, just log out and then another device can then login under the same account.  We always get the 2-device plan, but we have two phones and a laptop, so at any given time, any two of them can be online.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Yes, when you are done on your device, just log out and then another device can then login under the same account.  We always get the 2-device plan, but we have two phones and a laptop, so at any given time, any two of them can be online.

You don't have to log out... You basically just log in the new device and kick off the previous one.  

Only time there is an issue is if you have kids and they are sharing a single account kicking each other off 😂

17 minutes ago, Blur said:

You don't have to log out... You basically just log in the new device and kick off the previous one.  

Only time there is an issue is if you have kids and they are sharing a single account kicking each other off 😂

I think I remember being told that an extra login above the number allowed will bump someone out, but being an old IT guy, I always "do the right thing" and logout when done. 🙂

1 minute ago, rudeney said:

I think I remember being told that an extra login above the number allowed will bump someone out, but being an old IT guy, I always "do the right thing" and logout when done. 🙂

Rgr if you are technical.  For regular people it's easier to just kick someone off then log out every time from a logged in device since it's less steps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blur said:

For regular people it's easier to just kick someone off then log out every time from a logged in device since it's less steps.

Except, when it's a two (or higher) device package, you don't know for sure which one of the currently logged on device the system will kick off when you login.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Except, when it's a two (or higher) device package, you don't know for sure which one of the currently logged on device the system will kick off when you login.

it should be fifo (first in first out).  If was lifo then one person would never get kicked off and random doesn't make sense programming wise to handle a simple queue.  Sorry couldn't resist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blur said:

it should be fifo (first in first out).  If was lifo then one person would never get kicked off and random doesn't make sense programming wise to handle a simple queue.  Sorry couldn't resist.

There are some other possibilities...it could be the device with the least bandwidth usage, or maybe the one with the most.  Or the lowest MAC address (or highest).  I think if I were coding that algorithm, I'd make it random, just to keep people on their toes.  😜

• Haha 1