doesn't matter about the distilled water forgot my CPAP

4 hours ago, Traveller20074 said:

cushion at home😭😭😭😭

i have the rest of it. the cpap, the cord, the tubing. .no cushion and I'm 6 hours away from home.  😭

Google CPAP or medical supply stores in the area you are in. You may be able to get a replacement before you sail or at a port. 

We had a cpap issue on a Bermuda sailing when my mom brought the wrong water container. That was discovered on the first night when the machine whistled and leaked and could not be used.  She really needs it to sleep.  I was able to find a piece that allowed her to use the machine and both of us to be able to sleep.  I had to take a taxi to get the part. But it was worth it. It took google time, several phone calls, an expensive taxi ride and a visit to a tiny cottage behind a medical supply store in Bermuda…but it all worked out.

I posted this in your roll call in hopes you see it. Worth a try as it did allow my mom to get Some rest the second half of the week.

if anyone has a CPAP issue on a Bermuda sailing, call The Medical House. They were awesome. 

Good Luck and enjoy your trip!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kruiserkatie said:

Google CPAP or medical supply stores in the area you are in. You may be able to get a replacement before you sail or at a port. 

We had a cpap issue on a Bermuda sailing when my mom brought the wrong water container. That was discovered on the first night when the machine whistled and leaked and could not be used.  She really needs it to sleep.  I was able to find a piece that allowed her to use the machine and both of us to be able to sleep.  I had to take a taxi to get the part. But it was worth it. It took google time, several phone calls, an expensive taxi ride and a visit to a tiny cottage behind a medical supply store in Bermuda…but it all worked out.

I posted this in your roll call in hopes you see it. Worth a try as it did allow my mom to get Some rest the second half of the week.

if anyone has a CPAP issue on a Bermuda sailing, call The Medical House. They were awesome. 

Good Luck and enjoy your trip!

thank you!!!  I also heard that some CVS drug stores carry them. i will be calling every store in Seattle to find one tomorrow.  .Most medical places are closed on the weekend so I'm wondering if i can amazon one to Sitka where I'm be on Tuesday. at least i will have it for part of the week🤪

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Traveller20074 said:

cushion at home😭😭😭😭

i have the rest of it. the cpap, the cord, the tubing. .no cushion and I'm 6 hours away from home.  😭

We'll, if you use a CPAP, you know that almost every grocery store and every drug store (target, cvs, walgreens, walmart) has distilled water. In most parts of the country, it costs $1 or less a gallon. BUT,,,, you can just ask your room steward for a gallon once you board. Or just use regular water for a week. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Are you in a roll call as well? Post there too. You never know if someone has one and can pack it.  
I forgot my cord to my machine one cruise. I was so stressed! I posted on my roll call and stressed venting moment and someone who hadn’t left his home in California packed one for me. You never know!

and yes-CVS has started to carry them and I HOPE you find one. I know how awful it is to be without the pap for a week 😬

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We'll, if you use a CPAP, you know that almost every grocery store and every drug store (target, cvs, walgreens, walmart) has distilled water. In most parts of the country, it costs $1 or less a gallon. BUT,,,, you can just ask your room steward for a gallon once you board. Or just use regular water for a week. 

Distilled water may be easy to get, but not the missing cushion (which is the OP's problem.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

What the hell does that have to do with a missing Cushion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 5:53 AM, Traveller20074 said:

thank you!!!  I also heard that some CVS drug stores carry them. i will be calling every store in Seattle to find one tomorrow.  .Most medical places are closed on the weekend so I'm wondering if i can amazon one to Sitka where I'm be on Tuesday. at least i will have it for part of the week🤪

Ok….I’ve been wondering-did you find a replacement cushion to use it?? 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼