Boarding pass on phone enough?

kochleffel

33 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

My upgrade bid was accepted after I was en route and I may not be able to print the cruise documents. Is having them on my phone sufficient?

I haven't used a paper boarding pass in my last 4 cruises.  I take a screen shot of it and also have it up in the app prior to boarding.  When I boarded in Port Canaveral in February, they didn't even ask to see it prior to entering the terminal (and yes, I know this is unusual).

the QR code is all they need.

i second debenson0723's suggestion to take a screen shot... due to the quality of cell phone service and wifi in various terminals, and the unreliability of the NCL app, you may not be able to pull up the QR code in real time.

• Like 1

Nowadays, readable "hard copy" can be as easy as a readable PDF file or even in *.JPG format (photo/image/graphics) or QR coded/ bar coded format.  It does not have to be a printed one in B&W or greyscale, or laser printed in colors.  Save it to a (secured) folder on your i/smart/phone ... 

until such time that 2FA sign-in are required or mandatory. 

Yeah, cruise terminal's cellular and/or non-secured, non-VPN WiFi signals are sometimes spotty and unreliable for "live" access, pre-loading should be fine - and, for extra peace-of-mine, store the identical info or documents on a 2nd. device (spouse/partner's) is best practices. 

Thanks for the replies. I took the precaution of saving an offline copy and in fact I had no mobile service at the port. I didn't really need it; they were able to look up bookings. The truly essential things to have were a vaccination card and eurofins barcode!

We boarded the Pearl a few weeks ago and were never asked for them. In the past I've handed them over with the passports  - man at desk just wanted the passports and pushed them back at me. 

But I'll always have hard copies just in case.

• Like 1