Tested Positive 6 days before cruise.

7 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Following on to this maybe someone can help with a question I have .

The cruise is obviously fully paid. I have another cruise in August in Odyssey which is also fully paid.

I would like to book another cruise if I can't go on this one (which is likely!) Probably for end of June. 

Would my travel agent be able to put the value of this cruise directly against a new one if booking it at the same time as cancelling the current one or would I have to get a FCC and pay the new one upfront?

If that is the case the next opportunity I would have to use the FCC is a cruise booked for January 2023 - is there a date by which FCC's have to be used?

I'd be talking to whomever you booked with about transferring it. If you are positive rcl has been good about moving cruises. 

• Like 1

Just now, topnole said:

You should get a full refund.  So you don’t need to transfer the funds to another cruise.  But so check with how you are booked.  If you are under cruise with confidence I think you simply get a full refund.  

I was under the impression I was entitled to a FCC but not a cash refund ?

5 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

I would make sure I get an official test somewhere showing the positive result, not just a home test for a least one of you.

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Trixie21 said:

If it is Covid it is a full refund for bookings in the US.  At least that is what I think.  Not sure elsewhere.  I’m sure you can look it up easily.  

8 minutes ago, topnole said:

If it is Covid it is a full refund for bookings in the US.  At least that is what I think.  Not sure elsewhere.  I’m sure you can look it up easily.  

It's  full cash refund if positive for Covid within 10 days of your sailing.

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal, for cruises departing on or before April 30, 2023.
Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's  full cash refund if positive for Covid within 10 days of your sailing.

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal, for cruises departing on or before April 30, 2023.

Thanks Jimbo.

I wasn't actually aware of that.

If they are willing to issue a cash refund I am sure they will be willing to just put the value straight against booking another cruise. 

21 minutes ago, topnole said:

Thanks - appreciate the information.

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd be talking to whomever you booked with about transferring it. If you are positive rcl has been good about moving cruises. 

I’d like to think they would be. Getting a refund isn’t much good when the price of rebooking is so much higher now. RC should be facilitating people move to corresponding future cruises for the same price.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

So just tested positive 6 days before we are due to embark Jewel of the Seas from Amsterdam.

Have absolutely no symptoms of any kind.

Not entirely sure at what stage of the infection I might be at - felt pretty rough about a week ago , but a test showed negative , so just put it down to hayfever.

What are the chances I might test negative in time for my pre boarding antigen test(I was planning on doing it just before we fly to Amsterdam but could do it the day after in Amsterdam - that would be one day before the cruise)

My wife is currently testing negative.

This is the fourth time we have booked this Iceland cruise - previous 3 cancelled because of covid and my wife's ill health at the time.

This is the worst.  I'm so sorry....it's awful that it happened to you.  Had the same situation with our DCL trip a couple weeks ago: finally canceled it for the 5th and last time. 

46 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Thanks Jimbo.

I wasn't actually aware of that.

If they are willing to issue a cash refund I am sure they will be willing to just put the value straight against booking another cruise. 

You might be smart to get a proctored test as they may require that for a refund. 

Regardless of FCC or refund, I’m guessing you will pay prevailing rates for whatever new you book.  I would take the full refund unless there are some significant advantages to transferring it (like double CA points or still getting cruise with confidence) that you otherwise wouldn’t get with a new booking.  You never know what can happen in the future.  Money back in your pocket is always better all other things being equal.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, topnole said:

You might be smart to get a proctored test as they may require that for a refund. 

Regardless of FCC or refund, I’m guessing you will pay prevailing rates for whatever new you book.  I would take the full refund unless there are some significant advantages to transferring it (like double CA points or still getting cruise with confidence) that you otherwise wouldn’t get with a new booking.  You never know what can happen in the future.  Money back in your pocket is always better all other things being equal.  

I know what you are saying.

We have had a hell of a time this past couple of years and were really looking forward to getting away.

I expect to have to put money towards rebooking another cruise - at a quick glance prices are higher than what I paid for similar cruises. 

Will depend a bit on what time I can get off work also.

We will see , but I am grateful we are in a position  to be able to book a cruise at all - a lot of folks are not so lucky at present.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trixie21 said:

I know what you are saying.

We have had a hell of a time this past couple of years and were really looking forward to getting away.

I expect to have to put money towards rebooking another cruise - at a quick glance prices are higher than what I paid for similar cruises. 

Will depend a bit on what time I can get off work also.

We will see , but I am grateful we are in a position  to be able to book a cruise at all - a lot of folks are not so lucky at present.

Yeah we just got off a cruise and the reality of potentially having my cruise ended due to a positive Covid test hit me about a week before.   Luckily we had no positive Covid tests.