Bermuda Travel Authorization Changed effective May 21

Charles4515

Just received my approval - now the only thing left to get is a negative Covid test.  I do think Bermuda has their approval process under better control than a month or so ago.

We applied 2 weeks ago for our 6/19 sailing out of Baltimore. 

My husband's approval came 2 days ago. Nothing for me.

Carnival's email said: 

BERMUDA TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION

The government of Bermuda requires all guests, age two and older, to register on their health portal and apply for a Travel Authorization. We encourage you to start this process here as soon as possible and no later than two weeks prior to sailing to allow ample time for your application to be processed. 

This whole thing is stupid. Covid requirements are bad enough without this nonsense.

I've never been to Bermuda, and I'll never go again.

3 hours ago, dazey said:

Just received my approval - now the only thing left to get is a negative Covid test.  I do think Bermuda has their approval process under better control than a month or so ago.

Yes, the process is functioning better now because Bermuda no longer requires the COVID test to be uploaded before you can receive approval. When they required the test results to be uploaded it meant that all the applications for any particular cruise could only be approved during the two day period before embarkation, which caused a huge traffic jam.

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Excuse me if I am being really dim here, how about if you decided not to get off the ship in Port?  Do you still need to apply for the approval. 

Yes everyone must apply for the Travel Authorization.  You're in Bermuda as soon as your ship enters its territorial waters.