Photos of the Gem pool deck and other "public areas"?

TrumpyNor

We will be cruising on board the Gem this summer, and when we last were on board this particular ship more than 10 years ago, there were very vivid (maybe even "tacky" to some eyes) colours everywhere. Since then, she has gone through some renovations, and I would love to see what is "new" compared to before when it comes to design on board. Especially if the pool deck has been updated and the waterslide and the "palm trees" removed (🤞🤞🤞).

Thank you!

This photo is from 2008:

image.thumb.jpeg.bb53fde2d4ca70426a65f2fef5deb5a9.jpeg

43 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Google Images

Tried that one first of course - before posting my request her, but almost everything gave me the "same old, same old" without showing the year.... And on ncl.com there is a mix of very old and new, and I didn't find what I was looking for there. So why not ask here instead?

If that bothers you too much, then please feel free to just scroll past this thread... 

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, meglet said:

If you can access youtube, search Gem ship tours and look for the year the video was posted. You may even find a tour of your specific cabin if you're interested.

Good idea, to look for the year. Thank you for the tip. 🙂

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I was on the Gem in December 2021, the palms trees on the pool deck is still there

20211209_135640.thumb.jpg.3366f92fbf9c3347f298b04c6dfd6f92.jpg20211209_140612.thumb.jpg.6b0f1a44dac94f63b5198167dd1a7d47.jpg20211209_135637.thumb.jpg.1c129bd5401fbec481c7036ac4ec4807.jpg

Thank you so much for posting these photos, I appreciate it. Just what I needed.

Very happy to see that ugly waterslide gone....!

EDIT - WON'T LET ME DELETE - MY ERROR AS I WAS DESCRIBING THE PEARL BELOW. BUT MAYBE THE PEARL LOOK WILL CARRY OVER TO THE GEM EVENTUALLY?

Just got off a couple of weeks ago. The posts are now a calmer brown and the palm tree tops are gone, replaced with simple white bulbs that extend the column. Nothing remarkable. The green deck has been replaced with a light brown/gold as partially seen in the photos above - looks like maybe they had begun to transition the flooring by December? The bright blue inside the pools has been replaced by one that's a bit more caribbean in tone. The only bright blue pops are the umbrellas on some of the tables as seen above.

All in all much cleaner and less garish. They are definitely going for muted tones throughout the ship.

Edited by DaisyGoldberg
  • Like 1