Some answers to questions we have been discussing in this forum

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It is nice to know we have reservations and know what we will be eating at Crown Grill on 24th October, yet I don't know what I am having for dinner tonight.

And because of trust & practice, I will start packing on Sunday before heading to Sydney on Monday morning.

So true though I don't know what I will be eating but we are booked into Sabatinis on June 16th for dinner.

And I wont pack until the day before but I will have everything out ready to pack prior to that day!

Edited by Cbtours

25 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

So true though I don't know what I will be eating but we are booked into Sabatinis on June 16th for dinner.

And I wont pack until the day before but I will have everything out ready to pack prior to that day!

That is what I do. Get everything out ahead of time so you have time to wash/iron anything that needs it. I pack the day before. If you do it earlier, it can be difficult to remember if everything you need is there - "Did I pack enough undies", "Did I pack whatever".

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That is what I do. Get everything out ahead of time so you have time to wash/iron anything that needs it. I pack the day before. If you do it earlier, it can be difficult to remember if everything you need is there - "Did I pack enough undies", "Did I pack whatever".

We do that too. Plus we cross-pack our bags just in case one decides to tour the ship on it's own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We do that too. Plus we cross-pack our bags just in case one decides to tour the ship on it's own.

That’s good idea but it would never work for us!

when we married 14 years ago and we’re packing to travel, my new husband looked at his immaculately packed case, and “my” case, and quoted “ mine is divine order and yours is divine chaos 😂😂😂🥳

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

when we married 14 years ago and we’re packing to travel, my new husband looked at his immaculately packed case, and “my” case, and quoted “ mine is divine order and yours is divine chaos 😂😂😂🥳

I love it. When we are trips where we have to live out of our suitcases I decided I would never share a case with Peter ever again. I did once and even put a divider between his stuff and mine. In only one day, his side of the case looked like a dog has been digging through it whereas mine had everything folded and packed neatly. I could put my hand on anything I wanted in just seconds.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I love it. When we are trips where we have to live out of our suitcases I decided I would never share a case with Peter ever again. I did once and even put a divider between his stuff and mine. In only one day, his side of the case looked like a dog has been digging through it whereas mine had everything folded and packed neatly. I could put my hand on anything I wanted in just seconds.

For the record I can too! I use packing cubes these days! I have tops in one pants in another etc. I have two complete sets of toiletries & makeup too so I never have to wait til the last minute to pack them.

I fold most of my clothes and put each in its own (light-weight) plastic bag. Packing is super easy as is unpacking. When I have worn the item, it is folded back into its bag for easy packing at the end of the cruise. There are just a few shirts that are too prone to creasing that have to be packed lying flat.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I fold most of my clothes and put each in its own (light-weight) plastic bag. Packing is super easy as is unpacking. When I have worn the item, it is folded back into its bag for easy packing at the end of the cruise. There are just a few shirts that are too prone to creasing that have to be packed lying flat.

Good tips!

34 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

That's why I do the packing. If I let Rolf pack I can never find anything! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's why I do the packing. If I let Rolf pack I can never find anything! 

I wouldn't be allowed to pack Franks! Id never get it so neat lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Neat isn't as important as logical. For example, things that are needed first on road trips, like nightwear and a change of clothes for the next day, go on top, not buried down the bottom of the suitcase under stuff that won't be needed for several days. Yes, that really happened! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Peter acts all helpless so I pack for both of us. I hate to think how hi's clothes would be when they were unpacked, if he had packed his case.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Neat isn't as important as logical. For example, things that are needed first on road trips, like nightwear and a change of clothes for the next day, go on top, not buried down the bottom of the suitcase under stuff that won't be needed for several days. Yes, that really happened! 

Agreed. Logical and net. Heavy things like shoes and books get packed along the 'spine' of the case so when it is stood up, they don't migrate across the case and squash the clothes.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Peter acts all helpless so I pack for both of us. I hate to think how hi's clothes would be when they were unpacked, if he had packed his case.

Love it !

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have hard sided suitcases, great that it splits totally in half so it is very easy to separate needed now to needed later. So logical and neat my Frank fits the bill hahahaha

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. Logical and net. Heavy things like shoes and books get packed along the 'spine' of the case so when it is stood up, they don't migrate across the case and squash the clothes.

I often use an overnight bag for shoes and toiletries bags. If not they go at the base where the wheels are. 

• Like 2