New to Carnival--drinks package/wine offerings question

KKB

OOOH boy sorry for all the questions!

We purchased the drink package before the prices went up.

Using OBC it ran us about $100/day for both of us so we know at worst that is a break even, tho more than likely a good deal!

On Celebrity I upgraded to their premium drink package as I have wine preferences. I was able to upgrade & DH did not need to.

Does Carnival have an upgraded option? If so, can just one person upgrade?

Either way, does anyone know what the sauvignon blanc wine offerings are? (or pinot grigio)

Hey, I love me a $3 bottle of Aldi pinot grigio.

But sauvignon blanc needs to be from NZ or Australia (followed closely by Europe). Not a big fan of California or S. America.

Curious if I will find that.

It appears the drink price limit is $20, which would seem to include about everything...

No upgraded level of Cheers. SauvBlanc is OysterBay/New Zealand. May have been better off bringing 2 bottles of wine and buying more thru Cruise  The Vineyards. Also, 50% off bottle of wine first night Steakhouse. Enjoy Cheers with free specialty coffee and other included drinks.

As someone who always upgrades on Celebrity to get the better wines, the wines included in Cheers are totally drinkable. I would say some are better than those offered on the standard drink package on Celebrity. I did get a corked wine once on Carnival, but they were happy to swap it out for a fresh glass immediately. That could happen anywhere. 

With Cheers you'll also get 25% off any bottles of wine you may purchase. 

2 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Curious how you were able to get Cheers for $100/day for 2. Thats less than the cost of the package before the 18% gratuity is add in, even purchased before the cost went up..

I think they were just "estimating."

2 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Curious how you were able to get Cheers for $100/day for 2. Thats less than the cost of the package before the 18% gratuity is add in, even purchased before the cost went up..

They said they used OBC so I am assuming that was their out of pocket cost.

We used to drink the Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc a fair bit as a dinner wine, if appropriate for the meal. It used to be our go-to House Sauv Blanc, since we love NZ Sauv Blancs, and that was usually quite affordable.

We've since grown not-so-fond of it - dunno whether our tastes have changed, or the wine blend has migrated (I know they are "vintage" years, but wine makers of "everyday wines" typically try to make a consistent blend year after year to not surprise their customer base).  It's still OK, but not as good as we remember.

On a related note, we used to drink the Peter Lehman Shiraz regularly.  The last two cruises (in 2021) have disappointed in that wine - again, not sure if our tastes have changed, but that wine has seemingly taken a remarkable downturn in quality since the 2018-ish vintage.