Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

One of my few actual souvenirs from this trip...  I couldn't resist that bright red shirt with a giant, uh... chicken on it... You thought that I was going to say something else, I bet...

PXL_20220603_194104262.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

12 minutes ago, WhyWeCruise said:

Heya @sid_9169. Any thoughts on the Solo Inside vs the Solo Sea View now that you've had time to experience both? 🙂

I liked the inside due to the darkness, but then you never know if it's light out or not... The solo sea view is larger, and has a good bit more floor space. If you put the shade down, it gets reasonably dark, but you can also see when it's getting light outside. I would for sure cruise to either one of them again... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I agree, GP! I was thinking the same thing- so much better looking than the ultra thin slice of cardboard on Carnival!

The pizza on Virgin Voyages blows away Carnival and Norwegian by a mile...

• Like 7

That Patron Silver margarita was nine bucks, as opposed to the $17 Don Julio Anejo ones... Exact same amount of alcohol = More bang for the buck... Plus, I've been tipping the guy good all cruise, so he uses Grand Marnier instead of Cointreau...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

One of my few actual souvenirs from this trip...  I couldn't resist that bright red shirt with a giant, uh... chicken on it... You thought that I was going to say something else, I bet...

PXL_20220603_194104262.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just a preview of the dishes tonight...

Ribollata, wagu beef carpaccio, and the crispy artichoke... I'm also going for the oxtail dish, as well as the pork cheek...

Screenshot_20220603-180255.thumb.png.beb836bb2e4e35fd9721692c0e44427b.png

Screenshot_20220603-180417.thumb.png.127472a34ec2112310d23abea4b5a45c.png

Screenshot_20220603-180512.png

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 5

Since I've only had two desserts this entire vacation, I went for another one tonight. The ricotta bambolini... Fried donuts with ricotta cheese and a black currant compote... Sounds fancy, and tastes even better!

PXL_20220603_230005034.thumb.jpg.b2680901895ad11c80e8e955ec2cf932.jpg

PXL_20220603_230011016.jpg

• Like 13

I can't even believe how great all of the food was here tonight. I mean, this is really more like fine dining than regular cruise ship type food... The great service on top of all that means that they're coming for the competing cruise lines' customers... There hasn't been a single thing that I've had all week that I would consider sun par. Not in The Galley, not in the main restaurants, or any of the quick dining type places. It's simply head out shoulders above anything on Carnival or NCL... 

• Like 15

Until next time, Nassau... Not really...

Now I'm going to have a reputation of a Nassau hater. I don't hate it, I just don't really particularly enjoy it...

I wonder where we're even going to go now? The bad weather is heading straight for Miami, so you'd think that we'll try to avoid that as much as possible. There's no dang ship tracking TV on the ship, so I guess that it's going to be a mystery...

PXL_20220603_235539533.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I wonder where we're even going to go now? The bad weather is heading straight for Miami, so you'd think that we'll try to avoid that as much as possible. There's no dang ship tracking TV on the ship, so I guess that it's going to be a mystery...

Open up google maps on your phone and it will show you your GPS position.  We did that when we cruised right past Havana to identify the large buildings we could see through the view finder on deck.  Did you know there are view finders on deck?  If not, go track them down!

• Like 2