Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

14 minutes ago, ociana said:

Open up google maps on your phone and it will show you your GPS position.  We did that when we cruised right past Havana to identify the large buildings we could see through the view finder on deck.  Did you know there are view finders on deck?  If not, go track them down!

Well, I'll be darned... I'll check it out... I have tried one of the view finders, but it was all fogged up on the inside, and you couldn't even see through it.

• Like 4

By this time tomorrow, it'll all just about be over... I am going to say that things have gone pretty good for me this week, minus a few minor hiccups. Thanks to all of you who have been there since the beginning, and hopefully I gave you something of substance or entertainment... My next cruise isn't for six more long months, on the brand new Carnival Celebration... It's an entirely different experience than Virgin, but then, I like variety. I have sort of gotten used to the "no kids" aspect of Virgin, but I don't hate kids, it's just a dissimilar experience when they aren't around. Virgin Voyages is probably a little too risque for kids to be around anyway. I don't have any idea where I was going with that, I'm just thinking...

Shabbat shalom...

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Virgin hasn’t even been a distant thought. Your food pics however caught my attention. Mighty impressive!! That’s why I love reading blogs and reviews from a variety of lines. Thanks for taking the time to share!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarrieAP said:

Virgin hasn’t even been a distant thought. Your food pics however caught my attention. Mighty impressive!! That’s why I love reading blogs and reviews from a variety of lines. Thanks for taking the time to share!!

If you love great food, then Virgin Voyages needs to be on your radar...

• Like 3

I wonder how long Virgin can continue to offer the quality of food they are featuring. It seems to be  comparable to Crystal, Silversea or Regent. Those lines all charge a premium to cruise where Virgin does not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

By this time tomorrow, it'll all just about be over... I am going to say that things have gone pretty good for me this week, minus a few minor hiccups. Thanks to all of you who have been there since the beginning, and hopefully I gave you something of substance or entertainment... My next cruise isn't for six more long months, on the brand new Carnival Celebration... It's an entirely different experience than Virgin, but then, I like variety. I have sort of gotten used to the "no kids" aspect of Virgin, but I don't hate kids, it's just a dissimilar experience when they aren't around. Virgin Voyages is probably a little too risque for kids to be around anyway. I don't have any idea where I was going with that, I'm just thinking...

Shabbat shalom...

See you on the Celebration!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I can't even believe how great all of the food was here tonight. I mean, this is really more like fine dining than regular cruise ship type food... The great service on top of all that means that they're coming for the competing cruise lines' customers... There hasn't been a single thing that I've had all week that I would consider sun par. Not in The Galley, not in the main restaurants, or any of the quick dining type places. It's simply head out shoulders above anything on Carnival or NCL... 

That was what I was thinking; I didn’t know if it was your choices in food or a completely different kind of cruise ship menu. It kind of remind me what Carnival used to be like back around 2000 when I started cruising (I refer to Carnival because, 12 of my first 15 cruises were on Carnival). You didn’t know what would be on the menu from day to day or ship to ship. They did have some basic stuff for those that were not adventuress back then but nowhere like it was when COVID shut everything down in 2020. In 2019/ 2020 I already knew what dinner would be based on how long the cruise was and what day of the cruise it was; and depending which line you were sailing you had a pretty good Idea what dessert would be without looking at the menu. The food was getting boring. While not everything I saw was visually appealing to me on this thread, I have found over the years that there will be at least one night on a 7 night or longer cruise there will be nothing on the menu that I like, plus I have eaten things over the years that would probably gag others. I also realize that everyone has different tastes. It also appeared to show there was something for everyone’s taste. IMHO this appears to be a completely new approach to the food onboard a cruise ship and several notches up from the standard cruise fare among the major cruise lines, only time will tell if it goes down to the older lines standards or bring the major lines standards up.

Half or more of the stuff you had onboard this ship I have never heard of let alone seen before and I lived in Europe for 6 years, Hawaii for 3 and been to several counties including Australia, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Switzerland, The Azores and Viet Nam. Good job Sid.

Rick

Edited by LeeRB
  • Like 5

What a fantastic account of cruising in these straitened times

Your dialogue and photos are great and I'm sorry that it is at

an end.

I have been fortunate to do a large number of cruises over the

years on just on twenty different lines and I am booked on

Resilient Lady in Nov 23, Singapore to Sydney and I can't wait.

Thanks again and continue continuing on!

Wayne

• Like 1

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, it's the final day on board the beautiful Scarlet Lady... I have no idea where we are, as neither the Google maps trick nor cruise mapper is working right now for me. The weather doesn't look too terrible out my window, but I'm seeing the flooding in Miami on my television. I'm about to head up to Ground's Club Too for my four dollar Americano...

• Like 9

Sid- Awesome review! Can’t believe today is the last day. I follow all of your reviews and can’t believe I have to wait 6 months for another one. Thanks for all you do during vacation so I can live vicariously through you!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, blarko said:

Are you going around in circles? Is that what the blue line is?

Yep... I guess that the Captain decided that this was the safest place, with the most favorable weather... Technically we are "cruising"...

• Like 9

You were two hours away when you left Nassau. I never understood leaving Key West or Bahamas early,Captain trying to keep you safe  and getting into dock in Miami should be interesting with the winds.  You also cn not dock early as there is dockage fee.

• Like 2