Experience with independent tour of London?

Tas353

I am scheduled on the British Isle Explorer cruise in September. The listed excursions for that cruise no longer includes Classic Monuments of London. Does anyone have experience using an independent tour for this? 

Visited London many times and always travel by Tube or river ferry.

If in Greenwich, take the adjacent ferry to Tower Hill and then jump on the Tube, visiting all of the sights you wish to see.

If at Tilbury, take a cab to the train station and train into London Fenchurch Station and again jump on the Tube.

You can use your Visa card, but I prefer to purchase an Oyster card, which is refundable at the end.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Visited London many times and always travel by Tube or river ferry.

If in Greenwich, take the adjacent ferry to Tower Hill and then jump on the Tube, visiting all of the sights you wish to see.

If at Tilbury, take a cab to the train station and train into London Fenchurch Station and again jump on the Tube.

You can use your Visa card, but I prefer to purchase an Oyster card, which is refundable at the end.

Thank you

6 hours ago, Tas353 said:

I am scheduled on the British Isle Explorer cruise in September. The listed excursions for that cruise no longer includes Classic Monuments of London. Does anyone have experience using an independent tour for this? 

I'm not sure exactly what was in the Classic Monuments tour, but we used a private Black Taxi tour in 2015. Michael Churchill (no relation) was absolutely outstanding - we were able to fully customize our tour to see what we wanted to, have an excellent pub lunch and ended touring the Palace on our own.

https://londonblacktaxitours.com/

Only second in my view to hiring Jim and Andy, but Michael is likely much less expensive. 😈

🍺🥌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

I'm not sure exactly what was in the Classic Monuments tour, but we used a private Black Taxi tour in 2015. Michael Churchill (no relation) was absolutely outstanding - we were able to fully customize our tour to see what we wanted to, have an excellent pub lunch and ended touring the Palace on our own.

https://londonblacktaxitours.com/

Only second in my view to hiring Jim and Andy, but Michael is likely much less expensive. 😈

🍺🥌

That’s great info-thanks! 

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Smith's Car service will also do private tours I believe.  I have used Smith's for airport car service and a car to Southampton, all with very good results.

I’m having trouble finding them online under that name. Any suggestions?

16 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

I’m having trouble finding them online under that name. Any suggestions?

We have used a car service called Blacklane in a number of European cities with great satisfaction. I don't think that they provide tours per se, but you can book a car for a set period of time if you know where you want to go. They might also have the ability to direct you to a combined driver/tour person.

Blacklane global chauffeur service | Upgrade your travels

🍺🥌

• Like 2