What are you looking forward to the most!

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I like to hold a book. Peter has a kindle but it hasn't interested me.

Re bathroom light - At home we have an LED light that is permanently in the power point. It only activates when the light level is quite low. I am considering taking it with us but because it is designed for Aussie power points we might have to plug it into an adaptor. I expect there will be Aust power points in the cabin, but on the Sea/Sun/Dawn Princess I don't think there was one in the bathroom.

Yeah I liked the feel of a book in my hand, and being able to flick quickly back and forth if you felt like you missed something. swore I would never swap the reading amazons/kindle's.

But then came a world cruise and 10kgs of books were not an option, so caved in and loaded kindle onto my tablet.

Got use to it now, but still miss my corner folded place markers.😒

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am most looking forward to testing negative on our pre-cruise RAT. Till then, I have put much of our thoughts of what to do aboard on hold.

I am looking forward to catching up with several friends we have cruised with over the years, as well as imagining the big smiles under the facemasks of the crew. Then to start each day with eggs benny,  end it with creme brule, and enjoy every minute between.

Love it! Actually our PVP just phoned and confirmed the ONLY proof required is the double vax certificate and the attesting is based on guest honesty the same way we attest when flying for various things. He actually thought it would be attesting to the person at check in who will give us our medallions, which is also how it will happen (as in we wont get before). The RAT test is to be done on the 24 hours prior as originally stated (there was some confusions when the app said 48 hrs etc) But its def 24 for Australia

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am most looking forward to testing negative on our pre-cruise RAT. Till then, I have put much of our thoughts of what to do aboard on hold.

I am looking forward to catching up with several friends we have cruised with over the years, as well as imagining the big smiles under the facemasks of the crew. Then to start each day with eggs benny,  end it with creme brule, and enjoy every minute between.

What would look forward to if princess brought it back, is the Tiramisu they use to serve in pizza restaurant level 7 on the sun class ships Sun, Dawn, and Sea Princesses.

They were yum.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

What would look forward to if princess brought it back, is the Tiramisu they use to serve in pizza restaurant level 7 on the sun class ships Sun, Dawn, and Sea Princesses.

They were yum.

They were yum. I used to love their antipasti plate too. Pacific Explorer still uses the Dawn Princess pizza ovens for their 400gradi restaurant. I haven't tried that on P&O yet, as I feel pizza shouldn't be a premium price vs the MDR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Re bathroom light - At home we have an LED light that is permanently in the power point. It only activates when the light level is quite low. I am considering taking it with us but because it is designed for Aussie power points we might have to plug it into an adaptor. I expect there will be Aust power points in the cabin, but on the Sea/Sun/Dawn Princess I don't think there was one in the bathroom.

A while back I bought a box of battery operated magnetic night lights - they activate if they sense motion while it's dark. We have one in the corridor leading to our main bathroom for the kids if they need to use the toilet late at night. And because they're magnetic, they work amazingly in a cruise cabin as they will just stick to the wall. You just have to get the placement right so that it turns on when you approach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They were yum. I used to love their antipasti plate too. Pacific Explorer still uses the Dawn Princess pizza ovens for their 400gradi restaurant. I haven't tried that on P&O yet, as I feel pizza shouldn't be a premium price vs the MDR.

The Sun class pizza ovens were crap. Worst pizza ever. I'm surprised 400gradi is using them but then I'm presuming P&O is in collaboration with the Melbourne Gradi Group for that. 

The best pizza at sea I've ever had was Alfredos on Majestic Princess. 

Mind you, I'm very fussy about pizza as we have one of Australia's best pizzerias in Lane Cove.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Love it! Actually our PVP just phoned and confirmed the ONLY proof required is the double vax certificate and the attesting is based on guest honesty the same way we attest when flying for various things. He actually thought it would be attesting to the person at check in who will give us our medallions, which is also how it will happen (as in we wont get before). The RAT test is to be done on the 24 hours prior as originally stated (there was some confusions when the app said 48 hrs etc) But its def 24 for Australia

P&O has completed their trial boarding for their shakedown cruise. The same boarding protocols were used for this as will be used on Tuesday. I think it went pretty smoothly, but it was noted the terminal staff are learning all this extra stuff too. I wonder if some were asked to arrive with "missing" info to test out the what-if scenarios. 

They still have cards vs the medallions, but they are not issued at check-in as they were in the past. One card is in your cabin door, with the others in the room. To make it through to the ship, you needed a paper or electronic copy of your boarding pass for scanning, and that confirmed whether everything was cruise ready or not. I don't know if there was the traditional queue for that, or a series of check points for specific screenings along the way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, losfp said:

A while back I bought a box of battery operated magnetic night lights - they activate if they sense motion while it's dark. We have one in the corridor leading to our main bathroom for the kids if they need to use the toilet late at night. And because they're magnetic, they work amazingly in a cruise cabin as they will just stick to the wall. You just have to get the placement right so that it turns on when you approach.

That's a thought. The other option I have thought of is to have a small battery-operated tea light in the bathroom. Turn it on before I go to bed and turn off in the morning.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

That's a thought. The other option I have thought of is to have a small battery-operated tea light in the bathroom. Turn it on before I go to bed and turn off in the morning.

The problem with those is that they flicker, which drives me nuts. At least all the ones I've tried do. 

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

The problem with those is that they flicker, which drives me nuts. At least all the ones I've tried do. 

Mmm... I just tried it. It does flicker. I might wander along to our local Reject Shop and see what they have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Sun class pizza ovens were crap. Worst pizza ever. I'm surprised 400gradi is using them but then I'm presuming P&O is in collaboration with the Melbourne Gradi Group for that. 

The best pizza at sea I've ever had was Alfredos on Majestic Princess. 

Mind you, I'm very fussy about pizza as we have one of Australia's best pizzerias in Lane Cove.

Not my worst pizzas ever. Those Woolies home brand ones done in a microwave just don't compare. Back in my apprenticeship days, you just had to make do.

Gradi may have upgraded them, know how to use them better and surely use their own ingredients, but I haven't had any problems with dud pizza at sea. My favourites though are from a hole in the wall pizza place in Melbourne when I was a teen, and Carnival's breakfast pizza. Still, I am not really into gourmet and as happy to destroy a Dominos deep pan pepperoni vs something traditional from a local wood fired pizzeria.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Mmm... I just tried it. It does flicker. I might wander along to our local Reject Shop and see what they have.

I bought some fancy ones at Christmas this year but you can turn the flicker off! Mind you they are pretty fancy but hey we're in a suite for the first time so maybe I better take it up a notch lol

95408822-B977-4694-BD4C-CBF5260F973E.jpeg

Edited by Cbtours
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I bought some fancy ones at Christmas this year but you can turn the flicker off! Mind you they are pretty fancy but hey we're in a suite for the first time so maybe I better take it up a notch lol

95408822-B977-4694-BD4C-CBF5260F973E.jpeg

Those lights look gorgeous. I just tried a tea light I got from my grand-daughter's kindy a while ago as part of a hand-made gift on Grandparents' day. It was a jam jar covered in cut out shapes of red cellophane paper, with the tea light inside.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Those lights look gorgeous. I just tried a tea light I got from my grand-daughter's kindy a while ago as part of a hand-made gift on Grandparents' day. It was a jam jar covered in cut out shapes of red cellophane paper, with the tea light inside.

Sounds cute, and always lovely to get the home mades from the kids.

These ones weren't expensive. From bunnings but very effective and it actually feels like real wax. I dont just keep them for Christmas, lovely as a dinner centrepice with some flowers too.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Irene, maybe you shouldn't have started this thread. It is making me wish our cruise wasn't a month from now.

It will keep us occupied til we get on though! Only 21 days for us 🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Sounds cute, and always lovely to get the home mades from the kids.

These ones weren't expensive. From bunnings but very effective and it actually feels like real wax. I dont just keep them for Christmas, lovely as a dinner centrepice with some flowers too.

Good idea. I have always used flowers as a centrepiece and usually use Grevillea. However, when I did that ten days ago, I found I have developed an allergy to Grevillea. It causes severe ezcema. Maybe cancels would be a good alternative rather than cutting and arranging flowers while wearing gloves. Then not touching the flowers later.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Just now, arxcards said:

I only have to suffer for 5

that's right your on the explorer eh! Well I'm sure the protcols will be very similar because its gov requirements I think that are driving how the ships go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

that's right your on the explorer eh! Well I'm sure the protcols will be very similar because its gov requirements I think that are driving how the ships go.

Very similar. The way of adding your info is different, but apart from medallion vs cards, I expect both will be close to identical in the terminal. The attest info is the same, as are the vaxx requirements.

• Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

Very similar. The way of adding your info is different, but apart from medallion vs cards, I expect both will be close to identical in the terminal. The attest info is the same, as are the vaxx requirements.

We’ll all be looking for the live report from you 🥳🥳🥳👏👏👏

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I will be thinking of you on the inaugural cruise and wishing we were there. However, we wouldn't have wanted to fly to Sydney for such a short cruise.

Yeah, not sure if we would have flown to Brisbane for a short cruise. Oops, wait, we booked a shorter one on Coral.

• Like 1