Absolute nightmare right now with Choice Air, getting to Barcelona!

joyride

5 minutes ago, blag said:

See post #47 which may serve to explain the lack of support from TA or Choice Air. 

It may well do so, but traditionally if ChoiceAir was involved one would purchase the upgrade to PE through that service. In our experience, the seat selection could then be done separately through the air line’s website, but we have also done that through ChoiceAir.

Maybe ChoiceAir’s services are changing and Mackdogmolly has suggested in post #36 that there may be issues with communications and dealing with flight alterations in the present environment,

But that is the minimum I would expect, that at the least ChoiceAir would clearly communicate with joyride as to why they could not intervene.

It will bear monitoring if services that used to be commonplace are no longer in place.

Bon voyage, joyride!

I sure hope that seat H stays blocked, and I agree with you, thank goodness there were still premium economy seats available!

Edited by May B

3 hours ago, nordski said:

The ChoiceAir site just seemed to be a handy place to discover all the possible flights available from various airlines and also various seat categories available.

If you want to do comprehensive research, ITA Matrix is your friend.

Choice Air will show you the flights that they have available to sell to you.  Not the full range.

Highly recommend that folks here take advantage of the Cruise Air forum here at CC.  For those that want straight talk and real answers.

Edited by FlyerTalker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FlyerTalker said:

Choice Air will show you the flights that they have available to sell to you.  Not the full range.

Highly recommend that folks here take advantage of the Cruise Air forum here at CC.  For those that want straight talk and real answers.

Just checking (without looking for myself) : Cruise Air Forum or Choice Air Forum? I assume they are different. 

And do you have a link for ITA Matrix, please? 

35 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Thanks for that reminder. Shows what we forget during our Covid Hiatus From Cruising.

Although I find ITA Matrix rather clunky I do consult it to see if there are choices that I am missing.

1 hour ago, blag said:

Just checking (without looking for myself) : Cruise Air Forum or Choice Air Forum? I assume they are different.

There is no Choice Air forum.

1 hour ago, blag said:

And do you have a link for ITA Matrix, please? 

matrix.itasoftware.com

36 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

There is no Choice Air forum.

matrix.itasoftware.com

Forgive my ignorance, but like you, I prefer specifics.

Am I right in assuming that you are making the suggestion to refer to the Cruise Air Forum because there are similarities between Cruise Air and Choice Air? Or is that too obvious? 

1 hour ago, blag said:

Forgive my ignorance, but like you, I prefer specifics.

Am I right in assuming that you are making the suggestion to refer to the Cruise Air Forum because there are similarities between Cruise Air and Choice Air? Or is that too obvious? 

It's a general forum dealing with air travel to and from cruises. Or air travel in any form.  It's not specific to any particular cruiseline air program, nor solely to travel arranged by a cruiseline.  In fact, when there are posts like "can you do X with [insert cruiseline] air?", the response is often to check with that specific program, as their rules apply.  And we don't want you to make big assumptions on a second-hand opinion.  As Mr Ed said....go right to the source.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2022 at 10:14 AM, nordski said:

It may well do so, but traditionally if ChoiceAir was involved one would purchase the upgrade to PE through that service. In our experience, the seat selection could then be done separately through the air line’s website, but we have also done that through ChoiceAir.

I booked my upcoming flights through ChoiceAir, but did my seat selections directly through AA

• Thanks 1