The Daily for Saturday 05/28/2022

richwmn

21 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

@Cruzin Terri 

@grapau27

Thanks for your advice and help, my wife who is a retired RN thinks it's the Saharan dust, she checked my temp an hour ago and it was 97 and she is fine and doesn't suffer from allergies like I do. I have no other symptoms but the sneezing. To play it safe I will  probably on Monday head over to Walgreens and buy a home test.

That would be a good idea imo 

@MISTER 67

13 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Buy it somewhere else.  Walgreens sells the most expensive tests.  If you have a Kroger near you, you can get it much cheaper.  i paid a fortune at Walgreens, then saw a different brand at Kroger for much less.  They all work the same.

Terri

No Krogers in Florida, maybe in the Panhandle. I'll try Publix or maybe Walmart.

Mentioning Kroger does bring back fond memories, started working at our local neighborhood Kroger in Chiago way back in 1963 as a sophomore in high school.

Thanks again.

Edited by MISTER 67

2 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

No Krogers in Florida, maybe in the Panhandle. I'll try Publix or maybe Walmart.

Thanks again.

Publix here did not sell them.  Walmart may be a good choice. Maybe CVS may be less expensive.  

Good luck.

Terri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I haven't posted much but have read a bit in the last 2 days with people having issues with other posters and their threads . I haven't come across anything by other posters than anybody should be upset about. Rich does a great job and he should be commended for his time and effort.  

I haven't seen any meanness from posters like I do on some Baseball fan forums I belong to, everyone here is very civil and extremely caring.

That being said, I know there are quite a few Floridians on The Daily and wonder if any of you have had any problems with the Sahara dust invading Florida in the past week, I have allergy problems and the I've had quite a bit of sneezing this week with just a few coughs.

I'm a little concerned it might be a mild case of Covid but have no other symptoms like sore throat or fever, we cruise 2 weeks from today and what is really concerns me if it is Covid but clears up in a few days, is it likely that I could get a false positive on my rapid test 2 days before the cruise. BTW DW has no symptoms at all. Thanks for any input.

No dust here in Ormond Beach, just North of Daytona. But we had quite a downpour Friday afternoon  & evening. That would help keep the dust down. 

And our prevailing Easterly winds may also be helping. The afternoon Westerlies are very sporadic. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Thanks 1

@MISTER 67Your health insurance is required to reimburse you $12 per test.  Some insurance companies have a network of preferred places where you can obtain a test for free.  Check with your insurance company.  

For the future,  order some free tests just to have in the house from covid.gov. 

Edited by 0106
  • Thanks 1