What to do....help with the Medallion App!

7 minutes ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

I have an IPhone 6 and cannot download the medallion app because it requires  IOS 13.0 or higher in order to download and use app.  I can only have IOS 12.5.5 on my phone.  Has anyone else faced this and if so, what do you do?  

Open up your Cruise Personalizer on the website.  Where you see the promo area to download the MC App for Android and Apple devices, just below that is a link to the web version of the MC App where you should be able to complete the registration and check-in process.  You will not have access to DineMyWay at this time.

There is also a thread topic dedicated to the MC App at the top of the Princess board as a "Sticky" so it is always near the top.

• Like 1

I had an iPhone 6 prior to my Majestic cruise and it didn't work either.   It sucked my battery so fast I was frustrated.    I broke down and bought an iPhone 13 pro max and the app has been working well for me.   I know it doesn't help your situation, but as others above stated....you can us a PC and get most of the stuff done and then take your documents to the ship when you board.

46 minutes ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

I have an IPhone 6 and cannot download the medallion app because it requires  IOS 13.0 or higher in order to download and use app.  I can only have IOS 12.5.5 on my phone.  Has anyone else faced this and if so, what do you do?  

Go to Princess.com.

Click on "manage this booking"

Scroll down just a little until you see the icons for App Store and Google Play. Click on "try our web version".

If it works (doesn't work for some), you can do almost all of your app check in there.

OR you could buy a new phone...🤣🤑

The ship wants you to use the App for so many things, before and during the cruise. Treat yourself to a new more powerful phone. Personally I hate the App and if I was not travelling with 2 younguns who are used to using their phones for everything, I would be lost. If you can start to learn the App before sailing, just trying different things on it, that will help you learn it for the ship.There is a desk onboard where they can get you started. One trick on board is to place cell phone in airplane mode.

i also have i phone 6 so app is worthless....not about to buy a new phone just to take a cruise and make princess geeks happy....i simply ignore the app and all of it's features and enjoy my cruise just fine without all the aggravation...the medallion will open your door and allow you on/off the ship (assuming it doesn't stop working on the door which mine did several times requiring u to go to guest services where they will give u a new medallion...)  with dozens of pages of complaints and questions from people having problems it appears there are still many bugs/problems with the app for many passengers...even the girls working at the special app help desk onboard had trouble getting some of the features to work

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Another trick is to then turn on wifi...

But, buy a new phone simply to use the princess app?

Wow.

Maybe Princess needs to have a supply of free loaner digital devices to use on board, all preloaded with a working version of the App.