Meraviglia Thermal Suite?

Elsammo46

Just booked on the Meraviglia and I was wondering how y'all would rate the thermal suite? I've cruised with Norwegian and have really enjoyed their thermal suite facilities so how does the Meraviglia's offerings compare? I've looked online and even found 360 virtual tours of the Aurea Spa, but haven't really seen any extensive reviews. Any input would help! Thank you!

10 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

The thermal suite on the Mera is wonderful - IMO. So many fun (and weird!) rooms to try! I used it daily for about an hour and had a blast.  

I agree with this poster.  I never got around to trying it, but, I took the tour and seeing the facilities that are offered in comparison to those on HAL's larger ships, on Princess, and on Carnival's Conquest Class ships, I was impressed.

But, I have to say that the Hydrothermal Pool/Thermal Suite on HAL's Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships are, for me, very pleasurable.  

Virtuosa's thermal suite (same ship class?) was incredible.  A lot nicer than any other line I've tried (I've sailed on RCCL, Celebrity and NCL.). In comparison, the other lines' thermal areas were a sauna, steam and change area.  Virtuosa's was like a spa experience with multiple pools, saunas, steam rooms and loungers.

Thermal suite on Meraviglia is a very relaxing experience, loved it. However, IMHO, I will say that the forward facing NCL (Escape) thermal suite is better. The large whirlpool and the forward facing heated ceramic loungers do it for me. It has a more open feeling. Spent many a sea day in that Thermal Spa.

11 hours ago, miataman19 said:

It has a more open feeling.

Ships' spas that have a view of the sea are more appealing to me than those which are below decks and enclosed.  The facilities of Meraviglia's are the most varied of any that I have seen.  I enjoyed the facilities on Royal Princess, but, it was deep down in the bowels of the ship.  Much prefer Greenhouse Spa and Thermal Suite of HAL vessels.  

On 5/31/2022 at 1:12 AM, rodo2894 said:

Virtuosa's thermal suite (same ship class?) was incredible.  A lot nicer than any other line I've tried (I've sailed on RCCL, Celebrity and NCL.). In comparison, the other lines' thermal areas were a sauna, steam and change area.  Virtuosa's was like a spa experience with multiple pools, saunas, steam rooms and loungers.

Not the same class and quite different spas. But both are very good, overall I would prefer the Mera spa. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am gold and have cruised with MSC  only once before on Davina solo and got complimentary thermal suite reservation. My daughter will be with me on Meraviglia in October and I'm wondering if she will be included in my perk.