UDP and The Key

I'm seeing mixed messages about the use of the UDP specifically on embarkation day - can it be used or can't it be used for lunch on embarkation day? Royals FAQs state lunch on sea days - so I would think it would not work on Day 1. 

We have The Key in addition to UDP so know we'll get the "Chops" lunch in the MDR which I'm okay with but if there's another option (Jaime's for example I think we may rather do that and then actually go to Chops proper for our sea day lunch).

What say you Cruise Critics?

Def use the udp. Chops menu in main dining room is fine, but it's not chops food. It's main dining mashed potatoes, steak, etc. If you have the UDP, enjoy the real restaurants.  We often do it for the other key benefits,  and just skip lunch. 

• Thanks 1

Little off topic, but maybe not.

Is Key worth it on Radiance Class ship, Diamond plus Member...........For Internet if buying without Key, is there a discount on Internet besides the price you see when you bring up your cruise on My Cruises. Is there a percentage off the posted site on the web site, if so how do you get it?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Little off topic, but maybe not.

Is Key worth it on Radiance Class ship, Diamond plus Member...........For Internet if buying without Key, is there a discount on Internet besides the price you see when you bring up your cruise on My Cruises. Is there a percentage off the posted site on the web site, if so how do you get it?

No discount ahead of time. Once onboard it will pop up a discount of 51.98 on any pkg you click on. I wait untll midnight with 3 nights to go and click on rest of cruise pkg for 49.98. I get a extra whole  ight and until I get off plus last 2 whole days. 

I didn't see other discounts. 

I forgot to ask for my logo discount in the stores. Reminding myself next time.

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

No discount ahead of time. Once onboard it will pop up a discount of 51.98 on any pkg you click on. I wait untll midnight with 3 nights to go and click on rest of cruise pkg for 49.98. I get a extra whole  ight and until I get off plus last 2 whole days. 

I didn't see other discounts. 

I forgot to ask for my logo discount in the stores. Reminding myself next time.

Now, I'm really confused. So you don't pre book any internet Package before you get on the ship?

Once onboard you click on and purchase a package to get internet on day 1 with a discount of$51.98...................then you do what when 3 nights to go, click on rest of cruise package  for $49.98.................so how much are you paying for how many days?

My sailing is a 16 night cruise, so when do I do what?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Now, I'm really confused. So you don't pre book any internet Package before you get on the ship?

Once onboard you click on and purchase a package to get internet on day 1 with a discount of$51.98...................then you do what when 3 nights to go, click on rest of cruise package  for $49.98.................so how much are you paying for how many days?

My sailing is a 16 night cruise, so when do I do what?

No I wait until 3 nights before the end to purchase when it's free.

Radiance I have coming up is a 10 day. One discount per leg. 

If yours is that long then it probably is cheaper pre cruise, no discount. ..if you want wifi all cruise.

It's a flat 51.98 discount onboard. Onboard the zoom and surf is often 32.98 per day .. it's more than the allowance on a per day basis. I just get whatever is the most I can free. There is no pre boarding discount for loyalty.