FCC and cancelling quesiton

BarnCat1

Can you cancel a cruise that you booked with an FCC? We are no longer able to take the new booked cruise and with a new job for one of our party, another vacation is probably not going happen for a while.  At this point we're willing to take the penalty. 

Yes, you can cancel cruise that is booked with FCC's.  The FCC's go back into the original individuals accounts and from my expirence the expiriation date remains the same .  My recently canceled cruise show the FCC's that were returned expire at the end of December of this year.  We canceled, as 2 of our 3  people will not get vaccinated.  So we are having their FCC's transfered to me (I'm the original payer and am Vaccinated).  If the vaccination requirements goes away in time to rebook and take a cruise prior to end of December f - them we will cruise, if not my DH and I will cruise.

• Like 1

You can always cancel a cruise.  The question is will you take a loss.  That depends on whether you are past final payment or not, and the terms of the FCC you used.  If it's past the book by date, you will lose it unless you can transfer your reservation to another date. If past final payment date, there is a penalty.  Otherwise, it goes back to your accounts, same terms as before.